Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline malsnake  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2024 03:51:24(UTC)
malsnake

United States   
Greetings,

I have searched this forum and haven't found what I'm looking for. I have a CS3+ with the most recent updates installed. I am accessing the CS3 via browser ( Tried current versions of edge and chrome) . No issues connecting, but in the edit list
I only have 3 choices: edit article lust, add article and discover mfx items.

If I look directly at the cs3 screen, the track board option is there. Is this a limitation of the web browser functionality? Seems kind of crazy if that is the case.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried different passwords, both with very current version of widows 11.

Thanks,

Malcolm
Offline rhfil  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2024 14:48:54(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
The answer is you can't. As yet the browser provides limited access to the CS3 features. Those are still accessible on the CS3 but not through the browser
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline malsnake  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2024 17:03:50(UTC)
malsnake

United States   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
The answer is you can't. As yet the browser provides limited access to the CS3 features. Those are still accessible on the CS3 but not through the browser

Thanks. Bit of a bummer for sure but at least I'll stop pounding my head on the wall trying to do it.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by malsnake
Offline dickinsonj  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2024 01:00:24(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I didn't know that the browser interface was so limited. I can see why people don't use it much.

It has a lot of potential and I hope they take advantage of that in future decelopment.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2024 15:38:10(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
It's understandable why it doesn't, because of automatic operations. You wouldn't want to change things on the diagram because nothing would be the same for the software or automation programming. Isn't it as simple as unplugging the lan cable?
Offline rhfil  
#6 Posted : 18 February 2024 16:17:46(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I find the browser access very useful. Our club ETE-ENE has a huge layout 17' X 34' which we bring to shows. Half the layout is not visible from the operator so I set myself on a chair in the middle of the not-visible half and can stop operations if a problem develops that the operator can not see. I can also operate, on trains that have them, sounds like whistles, bells and station announcements. I could actually divert a train into a station siding and stop it there. I think it is a great feature. If you have a very large layout it allows you to walk around it while still controlling the trains.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil