Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline benji123  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2024 19:15:59(UTC)
benji123

Switzerland   
Hello everyone i am new here i hope you can help me with this. I have had a marklin set for quite a while . I last used it 3-4 years ago and tried to revive the trains. I updated the Mobile station but no matter what locomotive i use it runs for a few seconds and then stops, and then it wont start again. It doesnt happen in the same place and i also used alchohol to clean tracks and wheels but no change. What else could be the problem? thank you
Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 03 February 2024 20:05:47(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Sounds like you may have a short in the track somewhere
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 03 February 2024 20:18:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
A few questions:

1) Which Mobile Station are you using?

2) Are you using C-Track? It yes, what connection are you using to your MS, Track section or wires to box? Check those connections

3) What does the MS do when the train stops? Does it go to "Stop" which would indicate a short?

4) When a locomotive stops, do functions still work or is it totally unresponsive?

5) If you remove the locomotive and then unplug the power and reconnect, does the locomotive run once again, even if for 2 seconds?

If using the MS2 with square box and wires to track section, try connecting the wires to a different piece of track.

For test purposes, I recommend taking 2-4 track sections and setting up a test track.

If that does not help, you can contact a dealer in your area (Maybe Suter Meggen or Eyro Interlaken)

Maerklin used to have a service(at)maerklin.ch email for technical and repair issues. The person responsible was Alex Stelzer.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Copenhagen  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2024 16:19:41(UTC)
Copenhagen

The pickup shoe on the locomotive and the center studs on the track might also need a cleaning.
Offline rhfil  
#5 Posted : 04 February 2024 17:28:37(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
We need a lot more information. What type of track is it? Does it stop at the same location or after the same distance? Which controller is it? Which locomotive is it? Do you have a continuity tester or a multi-meter? How about a 9V battery?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rhfil