Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Zeeboo04  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2024 17:06:37(UTC)
Zeeboo04

Hello, I have a question. Recently I picked up the Roco 74039 4 piece set: Railjet for my Marklin 39871 engine. The Roco car set is pre equipped for Marklin digital. On the Central Station 3 the Roco cars show up as its own unit where I can select the direction lights and turn the cabs lights on or off. However, to do all that I need to have the car set loaded up on the right or left controller. Can these functions be moved to the Marklin engines functions so the 2 will work in unison?

As of now, I have to have the Marklin engine loaded on one side of the CS3 and the Roco Car set to loaded on the other side of the CS3. If I move forward I have to select the Roco cars and set the controller to forward to have the directional lights set to forward...same for reverse and also same for turning the lights on or off. Seems like I should be able to have that all under the Marklin engine.

Thanks,
Peter

Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2024 20:15:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Zeeboo04 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I have a question. Recently I picked up the Roco 74039 4 piece set: Railjet for my Marklin 39871 engine. The Roco car set is pre equipped for Marklin digital. On the Central Station 3 the Roco cars show up as its own unit where I can select the direction lights and turn the cabs lights on or off. However, to do all that I need to have the car set loaded up on the right or left controller. Can these functions be moved to the Marklin engines functions so the 2 will work in unison?

As of now, I have to have the Marklin engine loaded on one side of the CS3 and the Roco Car set to loaded on the other side of the CS3. If I move forward I have to select the Roco cars and set the controller to forward to have the directional lights set to forward...same for reverse and also same for turning the lights on or off. Seems like I should be able to have that all under the Marklin engine.

Thanks,
Peter

How many functions are there on the loco? Are there any that you could map the coach functions to? Then you could make a consist of the loco and coaches.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Zeeboo04  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2024 17:23:03(UTC)
Zeeboo04

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeeboo04 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks,
Peter

How many functions are there on the loco? Are there any that you could map the coach functions to? Then you could make a consist of the loco and coaches.

Im not totally sure. Im looking at the 39871 manual and it states that there F0-F19 are preprogramed digital functions but I cant seem to find if there are extra functions beyond that. Ill try and poke around some more.

Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2024 18:02:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I presume that the Roco coach set has a Zimo function decoder. It may be possible to change CV values using the Maerklin CS, but I'm not certain you can change the outputs (e.g. assign a specific function number to interior lights) If, for example, your Maerklin loco has F0 for lights on/off and your Roco coaches also has F0 for the same function, you can change the address of the Roco controller to the same as the loco so that the lights go on simultaneously. It also depends whether the coach set has separate functions for head/taillights and interior lighting or whether they all go on with the same command.

I know with the Piko RBe 4/4 (RBe 540) and pilot coach, the loco and pilot coach have different functions assigned to them, so even if you put the pilot coach on the same address, the functions will not mesh.

You may be able to set the loco and coach set as a multiple unit (MU) on your CS, but I am not sure whether the functions can be grouped as well.

Regards

Mike C