Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2024 14:31:29(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
This is just hanging there. Was it always? There is no stripped wire end. Is it for the optional marker light, or does it connect somewhere? All light functions work, but very sensitive to blinking on/off while rolling along.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2024 15:56:40(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi There
I understand this is about a contral cab car with a decoder.
A picture would help understand your point.
Just my opinion: Märklin is not likely to leave a wire (brown) loose that may cause a failure with other components
I don't see any option in the manual (except the removal of a dummy end, to install a coupler.
The car is lighted and its other end has a current-conducting coupler to power the other cars
The red marker light (if I understand correctly) is operated by the decoder AND a direction sensing contact) like the one I have on my "SilberlingSteuerwagen" that is without decoder.
A contact brings ground (brown or 0) to either horizontal contact bar attached to the bogie
BogieContactDirectionelDessous.jpg
Not sure about your digital control cab car.

Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2024 16:48:20(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Hello Jean, and thanks! It doesn't have that type of direction reversing. It's done with the direction knob, or MS2/CS3 icon. It is a full light function decoder with a digital current conducting coupler. The entire train lighting works. I an just wondering, because when I reassembled the body after placing figures, I noticed the wire wedged between it and the frame on the bottom.
Offline Hannes Porsche  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2024 20:26:45(UTC)
Hannes Porsche

South Africa   
Hallo, that is a simple direction switch. The birilium plate clamped around the wheel axle will push down on the chassis when the wheel rotates to the right hand. If the wheel rotates to the left hand it will pick up the metal strip and it will make contact with the brass rod. The wheel voltage will the be fed into the wagon via the rod and brown wire. You have to open the wagon to trace the direction of the wire to determine its function.
Thanks,
HANNES

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hannes Porsche
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 23 January 2024 20:35:25(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes Banned, I know. This particular car has an mfx decoder. No mechanical reversing switch.
I think the extra brown wire is for an optional front current coupler which can be inserted after removing the front lower nose fairing. Or, a brown wire is also on the front of the led board. It is routed down under the floor and it may be the other end from the rear. It may be for the optional rear marker lights and is switched with the direction dependent headlights.