Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike@complexplastics  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2024 18:41:40(UTC)
mike@complexplastics

Canada   

does anyone know how to open the diesel locomotive to inspect the decoder ?
i am unable to determine how to add this to the 60652 mobile station.

this loco came in a 2 loco starter set from the year 2004

German Federal Railroad (DB) class 50, steam locomotive, class V 160 diesel locomotive, 3 "Silberlinge" commuter cars, and 4 freight cars.
mike knopfler
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2024 19:53:21(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
This set came with the first Mobile Station.

The MS should automatically register the locomotives. In order to do so, place only the locomotive you want it to detect on the track or connect your MS to a section made up of 2-3 track sections for the purpose of registration.

The manual for the 60652 is here: https://static.maerklin....d31a81cf511434542447.pdf
(See Page 10)

How many locomotives do you have registered on that MS?

If you have more than 10, it might not accept new registrations. If you can access the locomotive library, you can search to see if those locomotives are already included and if not, you can delete one or two spaces to make room for new ones.

I am not an expert on the original MS, but if you need more help, send me a private message. I am also in Montreal

Regards

Mike C
#3 Posted : 15 January 2024 20:04:48(UTC)
mike@complexplastics

Canada   
I HAVE NO locos registered. i bought this used. when i followed instructions and placed it on the track, the ms said new loco.. i pressed the loco sign and a model cam up but the lights didn't go on. the loco did not move.
to delete it, i had to unplug the power, remove the loco and and power up the transformer. i deleted it and have tried this many times and it does not seem to work.
i think the previous owner may have swapped out the old decoder for the 60486 and the manual says this decoder only works with central stations 60212, 60213 and 60214
as for the diesel loco that came with this set, i do not know how to open it to check the decoder inside. these are nice high quality locos, both metal, too bad i can only run them as analog
mike knopfler
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#4 Posted : 15 January 2024 21:53:59(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
According to Märklin spare parts info, there should be a screw on top of the locomotive.
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
#5 Posted : 15 January 2024 22:03:50(UTC)
mike@complexplastics

Canada   
great. thank you very much
mike knopfler
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 16 January 2024 02:00:38(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I think that the MS would still acknowledge the decoder, whether it was more recent than the MS or not.
As I said, I am not an expert on the original MS. I used my 6021 until I went for the MS2.

You can try to see what happens if you try to register a DCC locomotive with address 03

You can also try to see if you can register a Motorola Loco with the address that corresponds to the set.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kimballthurlow  
#7 Posted : 17 January 2024 01:00:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I purchased the same set in 2005.
Because you purchased the set as used, the locomotives will already be listed in the menu of the MS1.
That is unless the seller deliberately deleted them.

Go to Page 11 of the 60652 user manual and follow the instructions about "Changing the Locomotive".
The MS1 allows you to choose a loco from a list and the BR50 or the BR216 will show up as you use the scroll function of the red control button.

Do not use the NEW LOCO function (only for when you get a new loco, but first read Page 10 of the 60652 manual carefully).

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
#8 Posted : 17 January 2024 08:46:49(UTC)
mike@complexplastics

Canada   
thank you. when i place the locos on the track they are recognized but then i get two symbols on the screen and the ms changes with the stop word.

this happens even when there are no locos on the track and even when i remove the feeder track and power it up i get the 2 icons which i can not make out as they are too small and poorly lit on the liquid crystal screen.

my best guess there is a problem ( a short ? ) with the feeder track but this is only a guess. i'll take it apart today and examine the internal workings.

.i have ordered new items and will switch to the newer 60653 mobile station that does not use the feeder track but rather a control box.

mike knopfler
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike@complexplastics
Offline JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 17 January 2024 11:19:44(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Mike
The icons on the MS1 are always the same (graphic symbol in the liquid cristal display).
So the issue you have is internal: either in the MS1 itself or in the feeder rail which mostly includes 4 rectifiers (SMDs).
Using Torx screw driver you may open them but it is not really repairable exvept maybe the feeder track with Surface-Mounted Device Diodes.
If the screen turns off almost immediately there are 2 possibilities: (1) the power supply fails or the rectifiers in the feeder track fail or (2) "something" creates a short circuit, causing the power supply to collapse.

I fixed my broken pin issue with an external by-pass wire between the MS1 and the feeder track.
Cheers
Jean
#10 Posted : 17 January 2024 11:24:56(UTC)
mike@complexplastics

Canada   
thank you Jean, Merci beaucoup
mike knopfler
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 17 January 2024 17:22:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
You can try replacing the 24088 on ebay or you can upgrade your set to a 60653.
I just ordered the 29000 Set and got a new MS2 and an oval of track with R2 curves

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c