Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2024 19:40:25(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Ok I have been dreaming for a long time of getting a DM3 heavy ore loco for my layout.

Marklin had a beauty, the 37753, but I have not been able to find one and any way I rather go for something newer.

Roco is coming out with it, the 7520006. I never had any Roco locomotives so far, Sticking with Marklin and ESU, but it is tempting.

What are your thoughts on Roco locomotives, I am running on K-track mainly except for my fiddle yard which is C-track.

Thanks
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 08 January 2024 20:43:48(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
I have only collected Marklin all my life but found Marklin did not really have any decent detailed OBB electric locos. So I took the bold move & purchased 3 Roco AC loco's with Zimo decoders & sound. Apart from the packet of plastic add on parts like mirror's, clear wind deflectors resulting in the handling the loco must be done very carefully. I was pleasantly surprised at the very nice running characteristics of the loco & the extreme detail. So very happy with Roco products to date & cannot fault them. I have one Liliput Flirt "SeeHaas" that required replacement of some driving cogs with brass one's & finally one Brawa AC Gravita diesel loco. The only thing I do
not like is the steam locomotives that have the motor in the tender & are driven via a cardan shaft. Those do not appeal to me.
Roco Electric "Wechselstrom" AC Loco's in my collection:

#68646 OBB 124 19-25
#78423 OBB 1144 248-2
#79603 OBB 1042 011-5

Brawa AC + ESU-Sound diesel loco in my collection:

#42715 Gravita 15D Northrail 92 80 1265 330-8

Edited by user 09 January 2024 23:48:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

D.A.Banks
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2024 23:22:07(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
My Roco engines are among the best runners on my C and K track layout! Even if they are all-plastic, they don’t look like that, and certainly don’t behave like that. I put some notes in the forum earlier.

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2024 05:53:58(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Are Roco doing any ore wagons? I only have 42 of the marklin ones and two DM3s BigGrin ..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline LeoArietis  
#5 Posted : 09 January 2024 14:17:32(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post
Ok I have been dreaming for a long time of getting a DM3 heavy ore loco for my layout.

Marklin had a beauty, the 37753, but I have not been able to find one and any way I rather go for something newer.

Roco is coming out with it, the 7520006. I never had any Roco locomotives so far, Sticking with Marklin and ESU, but it is tempting.

What are your thoughts on Roco locomotives, I am running on K-track mainly except for my fiddle yard which is C-track.

Thanks

I have a few different Roco 3R locos, and I think all of them runs good on Märklin C-track. Same with modern Piko locos for 3R.

I run a Roco Dm3 on a hilly c-track layout (3R) and I think it runs good. I wanted a newer version in the dark grey-blue-red-livery. Runing with 18-24 ore wagons Mas from Trix an Märklin. It's more the wagons and weight of the train that set the limit to not derail the first wagons off track inside the curves going uphill. I use the Märklin close coupple on the Dm3.

Roco has produced the new generations of ore-wagons and it's okay to run a train with them as well behind a Dm3.

https://youtu.be/taYRGffe0Bw?t=65

https://www.jarnvag.net/lokguide/dm-dm3
Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#6 Posted : 09 January 2024 14:27:09(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Thanks guys for all the great info.

As a hobbyist (meaning compulsive buyer lol) my mind was pretty made up even before you answered but that definitely put me over the top.

As for wagons I already have the Marklin 46373 set which will do for now.