Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2024 23:29:44(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Hello, I am trying to program my Marklin 3 way turnout 24630 on my CS3 to control two (2) Viessmann decoder 4568 for all action.

How can you combine two different addresses under the same turnout control?

I have tried to put both under the same address but that does not work as an MFX Marklin turn out controller.

Can you please help?
Online David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2024 23:45:16(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
You could use a Marklin decoder which will register as mfx. Not sure why Viessmann need two decoders for a three way turnout.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2024 00:03:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
You could use a Marklin decoder which will register as mfx. Not sure why Viessmann need two decoders for a three way turnout.

The Viessmann decoder will appear as two 74490 series decoders at consecutive addresses, just as the Marklin one does.

There is a three way turnout definition in the accessories page on both the cs2 and cs3, which expects the two decoder arrangement at consecutive addresses. It will do the required actions to select each of the three ways as a single action IIRC.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#4 Posted : 08 January 2024 00:04:53(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Marklin needs two as well but being MFX they recognize the protocol and act as one.

I just don’t want solenoid action of the Marklin controller, I like the slow moving action of the Viessmann.

Just trying to see what the programming is for the Viessmann to achieve the same.
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#5 Posted : 08 January 2024 00:07:20(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

The Viessmann decoder will appear as two 74490 series decoders at consecutive addresses, just as the Marklin one does.

There is a three way turnout definition in the accessories page on both the cs2 and cs3, which expects the two decoder arrangement at consecutive addresses. It will do the required actions to select each of the three ways as a single action IIRC.

Thanks for that. But I must have missed it when I select the 3 way I don’t see what you are talking about. There is only one address.

Pretty new at this sorry.
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#6 Posted : 08 January 2024 01:01:52(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Ok I got it to work it is a pretty finicky set up. Hope this will help someone.

1) You have to register one of the controller as a regular left or right handed turnout. Using the usual Viessmann sequence

Left or right does not make a difference. What makes a difference is which one of the controller you record first , when I did the wrong choice the indication on the CS3 for the side to which the switch was headed were reversed.

2) Once one is registered change the turnout labelling to a three way turn out in the CS3

3) Then using the Viessmann standard sequence register the other controller. The CS3 does the rest.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Puttputtmaru
Online David Dewar  
#7 Posted : 08 January 2024 11:06:34(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

Hi Alan Looking at the post I thought that this was two individual decoders and not supplied as one unit. I only buy Viessmann light bars and had not seen their decoders for turnouts.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 08 January 2024 13:53:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Hi Alan Looking at the post I thought that this was two individual decoders and not supplied as one unit. I only buy Viessmann light bars and had not seen their decoders for turnouts.

It is a single decoder, but takes two consecutive decoder addresses, as it is effectively two decoders, one for the first set of point blades, and one for the second set. In practice out of the four possible combinations only three are actual routes through the point.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan