Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Alex H  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2023 10:42:02(UTC)
Alex H

United Kingdom   
I was given one of the new BR360 locos for Christmas and ran it for the first time yesterday. Slightly disappointed with the lights functionality. Although the high level headlight at the front and back of the cabin works, the lower level front and rear lights don't seem to have any functionality, unless I have missed something, which surprises me.

Other than that, and once I have got the hang of the telex couplers its a nice addition

Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 29 December 2023 10:52:58(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Alex
Not sure what you mean with "Although the high level headlight at the front and back of the cabin works, the lower level front and rear lights don't seem to have any functionality"

I may have missed something but:
- the 37896 light fonctions are limited to normal directional headlights and a double A light for shunting operation.
- the light conduits do not allow any fancy light like red/ white change.
- so you loco seems perfectly normal to me.

Notes
- if you want to have a 2 lights operation, you may simply put a black adhesive tape at the top center light guide
- if you want to control the luminosity of headlight this is easily done with a CS3
Cheers
Jean
Offline Alex H  
#3 Posted : 29 December 2023 11:02:13(UTC)
Alex H

United Kingdom   
Hi Jean

Apologies for my badly worded post - still got post Christmas fog brain BigGrin BigGrin

For some reason my normal directional lights do not illuminate.

Alex
Offline twmarklinfan  
#4 Posted : 29 December 2023 14:09:08(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Hi Alex,

That is indeed disappointing. The model itself has been in the range for quite some time, just released in a new colour scheme. On that basis all bugs should be out.

F0 should give you three headlights which change ends according to travel.
F9 should give shunting mode with three headlights each end.

The light is carried through the loco via light tubes. From what you have indicated there are no issues with the top lights, so i suggest take the body off and have a look to check everything is there, or correctly mounted, or not cloudy which would inhibit the light transfer. If the problem is with those parts, they are readily available and quite cheap which may be a better option than returning the loco.

i quite often order small spares without German VAT and keep the total cost below UK vat, so if you are interested drop me a pm

adrian
Offline Alex H  
#5 Posted : 29 December 2023 15:05:10(UTC)
Alex H

United Kingdom   
Hi Adrian

Thanks for the post

Yes I have taken the body off and very gently poked and prodded BigGrin That seems to have done the trick as when I powered it back up and of the lights are now illuminating as expected.

Best for 2024

Alex
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alex H