Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Eddie7979  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2023 05:57:46(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone else is having issues with downloading the latest CS3 update that was released early December 2023z

I have a CS3+ and use the Rocrail software.

On the download section of the Marklin website, I go to the CS3 update section, ‘check’ the licensing agreement and click on the download.

What happens next, a new page opens with the following error:

IMG_3620.jpeg

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Previously I would just download the file on a USB key and then plug it into the CS3+, it worked without any issue.

Also, has anyone had any problems with the CS3 connectivity to Rocrail after the update?

Regards,

Eddie
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eddie7979
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2023 09:17:16(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Its reported to Märklin but they are in no hurry Huh

The english MSW page is also wrong but it seems the language is not of important so use the german... same files.

Merry Xmas!

Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline Eddie7979  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2023 15:23:02(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
Its reported to Märklin but they are in no hurry Huh

The english MSW page is also wrong but it seems the language is not of important so use the german... same files.

Merry Xmas!

Merry Xmas to you too!

So, somehow the Central Station updated itself. It is connected to a wifi extender but it only just decided to recognise the update now.

So, the CS3 is now all updated but now comes the next problem!

I have 1 x locomotive from RÉE modèles that I believe uses an ESU decoder. This locomotive is recent, it worked well before, but with the update it went through a re-registration. Every time I try to change a setting (by editing to locomotive) it will do this.

Has anyone else had any problems?
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail
Offline Copenhagen  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2023 18:01:45(UTC)
Copenhagen

The problem with ESU decoders is well known by now. The solution, as I have seen it, is to register the locomotive in dcc instead of mfx. You will have to turn off mfx in the CS3 and then, on the programming track, turn off mfx in the locomotive and then register and set up the locomotive in dcc. After that you can turn mfx on in CS3 again.
Hope I explained it correctly. It's from what I've seen in local forums and perhaps also in this forum somewhere.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Copenhagen
Offline Eddie7979  
#5 Posted : 24 December 2023 08:11:18(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
The problem with ESU decoders is well known by now. The solution, as I have seen it, is to register the locomotive in dcc instead of mfx. You will have to turn off mfx in the CS3 and then, on the programming track, turn off mfx in the locomotive and then register and set up the locomotive in dcc. After that you can turn mfx on in CS3 again.
Hope I explained it correctly. It's from what I've seen in local forums and perhaps also in this forum somewhere.

Hello,

After posting, I noticed all the posts. I’m almost wishing I didn’t update it now.

Anyway, apparently Marklin is working on another update so we will wait and see if it’s fixed.
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail