Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fabstar68  
#1 Posted : 19 December 2023 16:42:14(UTC)
fabstar68

Italy   
hi all,

i have connected a 24997 uncoupler to a new 60832 M83 decoder. Yellow wire in middle hole, blu wire to left hole (red), configured to DIP switch to address 49. when i trigger the corresponding turnout in my MS2, the lever comes up, but stays up. switching from red to green in the MS2 for turnout 49 does nothing. what am i doing wrong ? i connected the 2 cables that were already attached to the uncoupler. but i see that there seem to be 2 female connections on the side, but i find no reference to them in the manual.....

thanks for any advice

Fabrizio

Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 19 December 2023 18:24:45(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
It could be that you have a sticking actuator. I have several uncouplers where once I actuate them the actuator does not come down immediately unless something touches them in which case they drop immediately. I doubt very much that the power stays on in your case because the triggering solenoid would burn out quickly.

Try to activate it and then touch the actuator with your finger and see if it drops. If it does, then you have a sticking actuator.
Offline fabstar68  
#3 Posted : 19 December 2023 18:58:40(UTC)
fabstar68

Italy   
true, i just noticed that if there is a train over, it doesn't stay up, so it's not in continuos power. now i will try the video where they show how to program the m83 with the ms2 so that, using dcc mode and cv programming, you can raise the up time a bit. sadly it's in german, i will try my best. thanks
Offline Flupke  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2023 16:42:03(UTC)
Flupke

United States   
Originally Posted by: fabstar68 Go to Quoted Post
hi all,

i have connected a 24997 uncoupler to a new 60832 M83 decoder. Yellow wire in middle hole, blu wire to left hole (red), configured to DIP switch to address 49. when i trigger the corresponding turnout in my MS2, the lever comes up, but stays up. switching from red to green in the MS2 for turnout 49 does nothing. what am i doing wrong ? i connected the 2 cables that were already attached to the uncoupler. but i see that there seem to be 2 female connections on the side, but i find no reference to them in the manual.....

thanks for any advice

Fabrizio

The two female connections on the side are to connect a light signal 74997.