Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Eddie7979  
#1 Posted : 09 December 2023 04:10:35(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Hi all,

I have the new BR218 coming all the way from Germany to Australia, i thought id use the transit time to check out the manual.

One section that has me baffled is page 22 (see below), does anyone know what this means?

IMG_3583.jpeg

I have two sections of tract that changes from C track to K Track, one of them has a turnout not too from the 24922.

Just hoping it’s not going to cause an issue.

Strangely enough, I also have the new RE 460 on order and it doesn’t seem to have this in the instructions

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Eddie
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eddie7979
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 09 December 2023 07:10:55(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
If the tracks are laid directly on the board, the 24922 derives a climb from the K track rail top to the C track rail top. There’s a general recommendation not to have turnouts near a climb, as that combo could cause derailments. I can’t see why the BR218 should be more sensitive than other engines, maybe this content will appear in all new manuals?

The problem is easy eliminated if e.g. having track bed under the K tracks.

I can’t believe the different rail profile/code between K and C could be a reason for the instruction.
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Eddie7979  
#3 Posted : 09 December 2023 08:26:55(UTC)
Eddie7979

Australia   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
If the tracks are laid directly on the board, the 24922 derives a climb from the K track rail top to the C track rail top. There’s a general recommendation not to have turnouts near a climb, as that combo could cause derailments. I can’t see why the BR218 should be more sensitive than other engines, maybe this content will appear in all new manuals?

The problem is easy eliminated if e.g. having track bed under the K tracks.

I can’t believe the different rail profile/code between K and C could be a reason for the instruction.

Hi,

I can understand it, I used a foam rail bed and adjusted the height of the K track is it joined the C track connector.

I just thought there was something specific about the BR218. The other locomotive I mentioned (RE460) is on preorder, just as new as the BR218 - so it’s all a bit weird!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Eddie
Perth 🇦🇺
Marklin | Roco | Piko
CS3+ & Rocrail
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eddie7979
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 09 December 2023 14:44:10(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I have a newer Marklin br 218 Cottbus version. Same manual. No problem negotiating any curves or turnouts. The only complaint I have with it is the engine turbo sound cuts off sharp on stopping at times. Depending on how quickly you stop it. Otherwise is a gradual wind down to idle. Maybe yours will have the improved sound project files.
The coupler pocket is very difficult to remove and changing the plow to the optional one doesn't allow room for the tiny torx screws to line up with the holes in the frame.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999