Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MikeEK  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2023 09:34:43(UTC)
MikeEK

United Kingdom   
An unusual request. I wonder if it's possible to use a 'secondary' controller distant from the main controller on my analogue Z system. I need a means of controliing my trains at the far side of my layout way away from my Marklin 67013 main controller. I'm particularly keen to have as small as piece of kit as possible with simple wiring only. Is there any product that could do this? Many thanks for any thoughts.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2023 13:33:07(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Mike
Your issue is to remotly control a power controller from a distance.
This is developping more and more in digital (Wlan) with devices like the 60667 (wireless MS2)

In analog, one possibility (not so great, I admit) is to have 2 power controllers (one on each side of the layout) and a remote-controlled switch-over (one power controller or the other) of the red (Track) output.
This would be about having a relay with a SPDT on the red output of each controller and a relay control from either side of your layout to decide which controller is active.
Cheers
Jean
Offline MikeEK  
#3 Posted : 27 November 2023 15:27:51(UTC)
MikeEK

United Kingdom   
Thanks Jean - that's most interesting but I'm trying to avoid a second main controller if at all possible One idea I had though it may be crazy electrically (my knowledge of such is very limited) would be to leave the main controller on full but find some device (hopefully small) that could act as a throttle (with reverse) wired to the main controller's output and worked distantly. Is this feasible and does any such kit exist?