Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Erik_L  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2023 18:02:26(UTC)
Erik_L

Belgium   
I'm restarting my model railroad activities after more than 20 years of inactivity for the benefit of my 6 year old grandson and myself ;-).
I bought the Maerklin big track planning book to get acquainted with the new C Track system. (I still have some old M tracks from the 1935 model).
For my grandson I would like to build the "K-One for All" track plan on page 96 and 97 of this book.
Unfortunately this plan does nog include a track list or track numbers on the lay-outs.
Has anyone more details of this layout so I can make a decent track plan?
I use RailModeller Pro om my Apple Mac computer.

Thanks,

Erik
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2023 01:16:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
If attempting to lay out a C track plan using M track, be aware that there are differences in the track geometries between the two track systems that mean a direct translation will not be possible.

As you have track planning software your best course pf action will be to draw the plan in that to ascertain where geometry differences in the track pieces will mean you need to adjust things, then from that plan work out what track pieces you need. I presume that the program will produce a BOM (Bill Of Materials) for the plan on request.

Offline Erik_L  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2023 10:59:02(UTC)
Erik_L

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
If attempting to lay out a C track plan using M track, be aware that there are differences in the track geometries between the two track systems that mean a direct translation will not be possible.

As you have track planning software your best course pf action will be to draw the plan in that to ascertain where geometry differences in the track pieces will mean you need to adjust things, then from that plan work out what track pieces you need. I presume that the program will produce a BOM (Bill Of Materials) for the plan on request.

Hi Alan,

thanks for the reply. I might have given the impression that I still want to use the old M tracks. That is not the case. I will go for the new C tracks with full digital control for turnouts and signals. The track plan on page 97 in the Marklin book (and in the download files from maerklin.de) is the only one in the book without track numbers or track list. I have been puzzling with RailModeller to get the required result without succes.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#4 Posted : 22 October 2023 16:22:23(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Originally Posted by: Erik_L Go to Quoted Post
The track plan on page 97 in the Marklin book (and in the download files from maerklin.de) is the only one in the book without track numbers or track list.
As over the years (and decades) there have been various Märkling track planning books, I am not sure which track plan on page 97 you are referring to. Could you provide the article number of the Märklin book or embed hyperlinks to the download files you mentioned in order to clarify what you are looking for?
Offline Grand trunk  
#5 Posted : 22 October 2023 17:42:49(UTC)
Grand trunk

Canada   
go on marklin.de/en and type 3061 and after that dowloak and go on plan K you don't have tne number of the track but you have the whole list of track that you don't have in the book
Offline Erik_L  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2023 18:33:55(UTC)
Erik_L

Belgium   
Hi Alstersteek and Grand trunk.
Thanks for the follow up.
The Marklin book has article number 03061 for the English version (as mentioned in Grand trunk's post).
The track number list is indeed available in the pdf downloadable file.
I`ll start puzzling again. ;-)

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Erik_L
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 24 October 2023 00:44:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
The Marklin book has article number 03061 for the English version (as mentioned in Grand trunk's post).

Are you talking about page 97 of the PDF downloadable from the catalogue page for the book? If so look at the next four pages, that is the track plan in several layers showing the track piece catalogue numbers. Finally on page 101 is the complete BOM list of track parts.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Erik_L  
#8 Posted : 24 October 2023 11:48:37(UTC)
Erik_L

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Are you talking about page 97 of the PDF downloadable from the catalogue page for the book? If so look at the next four pages, that is the track plan in several layers showing the track piece catalogue numbers. Finally on page 101 is the complete BOM list of track parts.

No, it is page 97 in the hardcover Marklin book and pages 43 to 47 in the downloadable PDF file.
Unfortunately I think this is the only design in both the book and the pdf file that does not have the track numbers listed in the plan.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Erik_L
Offline Alsterstreek  
#9 Posted : 25 October 2023 14:23:30(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Alright, now I understand the issue.
GPBMAF.jpg
The upper station is clear to me, and so are the track distances in the lower station, but everything else is indeed a puzzle. Good luck !