Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tsenthia  
#1 Posted : 12 October 2023 07:52:48(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Dear Friends,

I am Senthil, from Chennai, India. Model Train Hobbyists, and have some experience in building model train layouts in N, HO and Gauge 1 Scale.

I recently completed my Marklin Toporama Layout in Z Scale, started building this layout in Jul-2022, with ambitions to incorporate some modern features and yet the contemporary look and feel of the Toporama 70's era.

The layout has many features.

• 1. Magnetic Moving car system - Completely 3D Printed
  • 2. IoT based Smart Track control system using ESP8266 and Arduino
  • 3. Z Gauge DCC Conversion and running multiple Locos using NCE Power Cab
  • 4. 3D Printed replicas of the buildings similar to those in the Marklin 8930 Layout-

Lots of goodies to look out for. I did face a lot of challenges completing the layouts, especially with scarce availability resources and materials directly in India.

I have tried my best to document my work in the blog website www.superhobbies.in please feel free to visit and post your feedback and comments.

?si=ftrmSES7ogjdjL6R

IMG_9805.JPGIMG_9816.JPEGIMG_9797.JPGIMG_9833.JPG

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by tsenthia
Offline TrainIride  
#2 Posted : 12 October 2023 08:32:19(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Hi Senthil,

What a great work on this so small scale ThumpUp

When I think that I already have difficulty seeing what is happening inside my HO models...

Best Regards
Joël
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TrainIride
Offline tsenthia  
#3 Posted : 16 October 2023 17:31:58(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Originally Posted by: TrainIride Go to Quoted Post
Hi Senthil,

What a great work on this so small scale ThumpUp

When I think that I already have difficulty seeing what is happening inside my HO models...

Best Regards
Joël

Hello Joel,
Thank you for the encouraging comment, you are right, Model Trains excitement level is never diminished or enlarged by the scale. Excitement/challenges/Fun/Satisfaction are equally there in all the scales

Regards,

Senthil

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tsenthia
Offline Manga  
#4 Posted : 17 October 2023 09:11:42(UTC)
Manga

Australia   
Thanks for sharing.

Looks a bit like my boring double oval loop Blink, but I only have 1200 x 600mm space available.

The moving cars add another element which I really like. I know they run off button cell batteries. How long does an average bettery last for ?

I notice unfinished catenary, are you planning to have working catenary throughout ?
Offline tsenthia  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2023 07:19:26(UTC)
tsenthia

India   
Originally Posted by: Manga Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing.

Looks a bit like my boring double oval loop Blink, but I only have 1200 x 600mm space available.

The moving cars add another element which I really like. I know they run off button cell batteries. How long does an average battery last for ?

I notice unfinished catenary, are you planning to have working catenary throughout ?

Hello, Thanks for taking time out to provide your feedback, the oval loop is based on Toporama 8930 track layout, probably i was not creative in making the videos look more interesting.

The Moving cars are not battery based, they are based magnet and chain mechanisms, its completely 3D printed. you refer the blog link and video below to get more insights.

https://www.superhobbies...gnetic-moving-car-system

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tsenthia
Offline EKay  
#6 Posted : 29 October 2023 10:07:00(UTC)
EKay

Wonderful work and documentation! Thank you BigGrin

Originally Posted by: tsenthia Go to Quoted Post
Dear Friends,

I am Senthil, from Chennai, India. Model Train Hobbyists, and have some experience in building model train layouts in N, HO and Gauge 1 Scale.

I recently completed my Marklin Toporama Layout in Z Scale, started building this layout in Jul-2022, with ambitions to incorporate some modern features and yet the contemporary look and feel of the Toporama 70's era.

The layout has many features.

• 1. Magnetic Moving car system - Completely 3D Printed
  • 2. IoT based Smart Track control system using ESP8266 and Arduino
  • 3. Z Gauge DCC Conversion and running multiple Locos using NCE Power Cab
  • 4. 3D Printed replicas of the buildings similar to those in the Marklin 8930 Layout-

Lots of goodies to look out for. I did face a lot of challenges completing the layouts, especially with scarce availability resources and materials directly in India.

I have tried my best to document my work in the blog website www.superhobbies.in please feel free to visit and post your feedback and comments.

?si=ftrmSES7ogjdjL6R

IMG_9805.JPGIMG_9816.JPEGIMG_9797.JPGIMG_9833.JPG

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by EKay