Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline auntmartha  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2023 16:05:44(UTC)
auntmartha

Denmark   
As promised - here is a new thread regarding the aftermath of the 2023 Märklin Tage.

It was really great to see so many well-known faces and meeting new ones.

I hope that the guys I met will pitch in and say hallo, so I can mark your member profiles as "Hey - I know that guy".
Cool

It was a wonderfull stay in Göppingen - the trip back was a nightmare, but thats another story.

I will on my website in time have a quite subjective account of the Märklin Tage and what was good and what Märklin need to do better plus some photos and videos.

Great to hear that many of you guys keep in touch on Skype - Zoom or whichever app you use. Only meeting every two years is fun but to seldom IMHO.

See ya' around

/Christian aka Aunt Marthas nephew aka Da Mad Dane
Yours sincerely / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Bien cordialement
Mr. Christian Vinaa
http://www.vinaa.dk/trains
...... Meanwhile, aunt Martha, having taken a tramp in the woods,
is lying in a ditch at the edge of town .........................
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by auntmartha
Offline Carim  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2023 20:28:33(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
Hi Christian,

Nice to meet you and I did make it off the bus....just LOL

Carim
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Carim
Offline Cuthbert 80  
#3 Posted : 21 September 2023 22:53:27(UTC)
Cuthbert 80

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: auntmartha Go to Quoted Post
As promised - here is a new thread regarding the aftermath of the 2023 Märklin Tage.

I hope that the guys I met will pitch in and say hallo, so I can mark your member profiles as "Hey - I know that guy".
Cool

It was a wonderfull stay in Göppingen - the trip back was a nightmare, but thats another story.

I will on my website in time have a quite subjective account of the Märklin Tage and what was good and what Märklin need to do better plus some photos and videos.

Great to hear that many of you guys keep in touch on Skype - Zoom or whichever app you use. Only meeting every two years is fun but to seldom IMHO.

See ya' around

lol nice to meet you Christian! Laugh

Darnell
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Cuthbert 80
Offline auntmartha  
#4 Posted : 22 September 2023 15:05:34(UTC)
auntmartha

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Cuthbert 80 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: auntmartha Go to Quoted Post

Cool

See ya' around

lol nice to meet you Christian! Laugh

Darnell

Likewise
:-)
Yours sincerely / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Bien cordialement
Mr. Christian Vinaa
http://www.vinaa.dk/trains
...... Meanwhile, aunt Martha, having taken a tramp in the woods,
is lying in a ditch at the edge of town .........................
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by auntmartha
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 22 September 2023 23:21:42(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin TV 125 highlights from Marklin days.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline twmarklinfan  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2023 07:01:31(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Hi Christian,

Great to meet you. Lot of fun.

Take care
Adrian
Offline sidblack  
#7 Posted : 12 October 2023 04:06:29(UTC)
sidblack

Australia   
Hi Christian, Darnell and Adrian, it was great to meet you and some of the crew in Göppingen at the brewery. On Sunday some of us took the BR01 to the Geislinger Steige which was a good trip as well. It's a long way from Germany to Canberra so let's hope we can stay in touch through this forum.
Cheers,
John (Sid)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sidblack
Offline IanC  
#8 Posted : 12 October 2023 11:26:50(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Hi John,

How was the HZL? I suppose you're back on Oz now but I'm looking forward to enjoying a few beers with you and the gang again in 2025.

IanC
Offline sidblack  
#9 Posted : 13 October 2023 01:28:49(UTC)
sidblack

Australia   
Thanks Ian. You were the instigator of the gathering at the pub so credit to you for herding the cats.

As far as the Harz mountains goes, I was showing a friend from Australia the Harz network. When we arrived in Quedlinburg on the Sunday I found out that the steam trains don't run there Sundays and Monday. The next day we travelled to Wernigerode and caught the steam train up the Brocken. A fantastic trip. At the summit I sent my friend off to get beer and bratwurst while I filmed the train leaving the station.

Unfortunately it turned out to be the last train of the day. I've got good footage of it if anyones interested. After discussions with locals and the taxi company, it turns out you have to hoof it to the nearest village - Schierke - to be able to get a cab. 6k's walk in a fading light. However we got there just in time to catch the last bus back to Wernigerode and arrived in town just in time to catch the last restaurant with it's kitchen open. So it ended well. However I won't be giving up my day job to become a tour operator...
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by sidblack
Offline twmarklinfan  
#10 Posted : 13 October 2023 08:07:25(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: sidblack Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Ian. You were the instigator of the gathering at the pub so credit to you for herding the cats.

As far as the Harz mountains goes, I was showing a friend from Australia the Harz network. When we arrived in Quedlinburg on the Sunday I found out that the steam trains don't run there Sundays and Monday. The next day we travelled to Wernigerode and caught the steam train up the Brocken. A fantastic trip. At the summit I sent my friend off to get beer and bratwurst while I filmed the train leaving the station.

Unfortunately it turned out to be the last train of the day. I've got good footage of it if anyones interested. After discussions with locals and the taxi company, it turns out you have to hoof it to the nearest village - Schierke - to be able to get a cab. 6k's walk in a fading light. However we got there just in time to catch the last bus back to Wernigerode and arrived in town just in time to catch the last restaurant with it's kitchen open. So it ended well. However I won't be giving up my day job to become a tour operator...

Sounds like quite an adventure………
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by twmarklinfan
Offline 1borna  
#11 Posted : 14 October 2023 21:27:05(UTC)
1borna

Croatia   
The world would certainly be more beautiful and peaceful if we were all modelers, but unfortunately we are in the minority...
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 1borna
Offline marklinist5999  
#12 Posted : 14 October 2023 22:39:19(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes borna, but Adolph did like model trains🙏