Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline heinrichhess  
#1 Posted : 15 September 2023 11:32:46(UTC)
heinrichhess

United Kingdom   
I have 3 BR 50s MFX would like to have 2 up fount and 1 at back is this posable on MS2 at present time i press stop select run speed then unstop and flick through all 3 slight lee adjusting speed on destination press stop. this can NOT be the right way of doing things if back is 2 fast or slow train derails i could not find any info on dabble or triple heading

can you set a load compensation on marklin?

hess

Edited by user 15 September 2023 18:04:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2023 02:46:26(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

In respect to Consists/Lashups the MS2 by itself (i.e. talking direct to a TrackBox (6011x) out to the track and not as an auxiliary throttle connected to a Central Station) has no such M.U. function.

Nor does mFX (protocol) offer a M.U. address.
However the mFX decoder may be set to DCC (disable mFX), whereby you may make use of the "DCC M.U. address setting"

The bottom level of consisting would be to use either MM/Fx or DCC and set each loco to the same address
(this is usually only good if you never want to break up the consist or use distinct function settings)

As to load compensation, you do have to pre-match the driving characteristics of each loco "across the spectrum" of speed steps AND any Acceleration/Deceleration settings (Also shunting mode % if used).

With 3 locos of the same type (gearing/decoder) this matching is pretty well done for you.
If you are happy to "drive" your loco speed, then disabling inertia is an option - with the possible loss of some sound characteristics

From there, reality takes over with the locos taking the load as they would in the real world.
I cannot say that I have experience with a pusher/banker as you describe, and I might be inclined to adjust the characteristics of the trailing loco to be a little slower so that it isn't too pushy - or to be more precise, doesn't push too soon.
Also, as long as you do not use "dead section" , where a single loco looses power all together, the multiple heading of locos with modern decoders works very well

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2023 09:29:26(UTC)
Goofy

1. Use DCC protocol so you can use same adress of the locomotives
2. Use same type of the locomotives and same type of motor.
3. Program loco decoder by use same value in every CV adress for example acc. and dec.

The only problem is about the sound function...you cannot disable some of the sound function in second locomotive if you want the first locomotive shall have commando.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 18 September 2023 22:58:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
The only problem is about the sound function...you cannot disable some of the sound function in second locomotive if you want the first locomotive shall have commando.

Wrong (yet again). There are specific CVs to set what sounds respond to the MU address, or don't respond, as required. Using these CVs you can disable the whistle/bell from resonding to the MU address, but it will still respond to the non-MU address. Equally you can have the motor sounds respond to both the MU and non-MU address, as desired.

Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 19 September 2023 19:23:32(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Wrong (yet again). There are specific CVs to set what sounds respond to the MU address, or don't respond, as required. Using these CVs you can disable the whistle/bell from resonding to the MU address, but it will still respond to the non-MU address. Equally you can have the motor sounds respond to both the MU and non-MU address, as desired.

Okey with DCC protocol you can visit CV adress output for every sound logic change the value.
But there is a risk by doing this with MS2.
It is more easier way to use CS3 instead of use MS2.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline heinrichhess  
#6 Posted : 20 September 2023 01:14:17(UTC)
heinrichhess

United Kingdom   
its not easier if i only have MS2