Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fossie  
#1 Posted : 14 September 2023 21:39:58(UTC)
fossie

United Kingdom   
Dear all

I have a strange intermittent issue with My Marklin electric loco p/n 39837 when running Win Digipet 2021. Some times when running a route consisting of 3 blocks the locomotive starts at the correct speed at the starting block and delays / ignores slowing down on the braking block and delays / ignores stopping at the destination block. It will then eventually stop about 1 to 2 meters past the destination section. All other Marklin locomotives are ok. I am using an ECOS 50200 latest firmware with s88's providing feedback.
Could it be something to do with the softdrive motor / or a setting on the mfx decoder on the locomotive?.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Andy
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 14 September 2023 23:47:37(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Andy
Disclaimer: I don't use Windigipet but Rocrail, so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Could the SDS loco ignore orders?: I use quite a number of those locos (10 of them) and NEVER has one of them ignored orders but of course a decoder may die progressively (with or without SDS motors)

What causes the loco goes past blocks w/o slowing down and stops after 1 to 2 meters? One possibility is the system (Windigipet + Ecos + S88) is overwhelmed by an avalanche of info. This happens when a bad contact changes often each time creating an information and loading the system (the information queue).
If you observe this only with this loco (and no other), maybe the decoder needs replacing (mLD3 or mSD3) with a proper motor type declaration (SDS)
Here is the manual https://static.maerklin....bb60f4f6131663855985.pdf
See page 27 and following
For SDS motors:
CV52=1
CV56=0
CV51=24 or 0 (depending if AUX3 and AUX4 have an amplified output.
AUX3 and AUX4 must be reserved to the SDS motor and mapped as active both for stop (S) and (F) (Fahrt=run)

Since this can be tricky without a CS3 or CS2 (you have an ECOS), if you have another Märklin SDS loco with a 21MTC interface decoder, you could swap the other loco's decoder with the 39837 one.

I hope this can help
Cheers
Jean
Offline fossie  
#3 Posted : 15 September 2023 22:46:54(UTC)
fossie

United Kingdom   
Hi Jean

Thanks for your reply on this... I do have the marklin decoder tool and I should be able to apply those cv's with that. Also I think upgrading the firmware of the decoder with this tool also might help... its worth a go?

Thanks

Andy
Offline PeFu  
#4 Posted : 16 September 2023 07:34:59(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: fossie Go to Quoted Post
Also I think upgrading the firmware of the decoder with this tool also might help... its worth a go?

I had a similar experience with a SBB Re 460, the Märklin 39461. It’s a newer engine (and decoder?) than yours, but still it was a firmware issue (ref. to posts #293-300):

https://www.marklin-user...he-SBB-Giruno#post655726
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10