Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Carlos  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2023 22:55:39(UTC)
Carlos

United States   
Hello to everybody:

I have heard that it is very difficult to install the new Marklin turntable (74862). Someone has installed, please let me know

Thank you, regards.

Carlos

Edited by user 22 August 2023 03:47:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Drongo  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2023 03:55:48(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Carlos,

The TT is not too difficult to install if you are using a CS3 - it's difficult with an ECoS and very difficult if you are using Railroad & Co TrainController. I'm in the very difficult category as Marklin and TrainController won't co-operate with each other - 2 German stubborn companies, so we the consumer suffer.

Also, before you set it up on your layout, check that the TT rotates well. i.e. that the little tabs don't catch on the bridge. If they do then I suggest that you send it back and get Marklin to modify the TT so that this doesn't happen. My TT broke down almost immediately and it went back as the decoder, the locking mechanism and the sensor were defective. When you have achieved this then you should't have too much trouble.

Regards

Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Minok  
#3 Posted : 25 August 2023 02:47:32(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The original version 74861 had issues where it was extremely sensitive to being mounted on an absolute flat plane surface, any twisting or temperature/moisture warping of the wood, often caused the rotating gantry to catch on the registration plugs that were used to detect an occupied vs empty track slot.

The new version 74862, in addition to being better painted out of the box in many peoples view, as I understand it now, the latest versions also come with some sort of metal ring that is used to install in the hole to provide a more rigid ring to keep the turn table from twisting, thus addressing this issue in some significant way.

I've got no direct experiences, just seen others who have installed them report about it on youtube.

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Carlos  
#4 Posted : 25 August 2023 20:02:28(UTC)
Carlos

United States   
Thanks, Greg, for your answer. According to what you're saying, looks difficult to make this TT to work properly. I don't go to buy it.

Thank you again, regards,

Carlos

Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Hi Carlos,

The TT is not too difficult to install if you are using a CS3 - it's difficult with an ECoS and very difficult if you are using Railroad & Co TrainController. I'm in the very difficult category as Marklin and TrainController won't co-operate with each other - 2 German stubborn companies, so we the consumer suffer.

Also, before you set it up on your layout, check that the TT rotates well. i.e. that the little tabs don't catch on the bridge. If they do then I suggest that you send it back and get Marklin to modify the TT so that this doesn't happen. My TT broke down almost immediately and it went back as the decoder, the locking mechanism and the sensor were defective. When you have achieved this then you should't have too much trouble.

Regards

Greg

Offline Carlos  
#5 Posted : 25 August 2023 20:08:50(UTC)
Carlos

United States   
Thank you Minok, I'll be looking in Youtube.
Regards,

Carlos

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The original version 74861 had issues where it was extremely sensitive to being mounted on an absolute flat plane surface, any twisting or temperature/moisture warping of the wood, often caused the rotating gantry to catch on the registration plugs that were used to detect an occupied vs empty track slot.

The new version 74862, in addition to being better painted out of the box in many peoples view, as I understand it now, the latest versions also come with some sort of metal ring that is used to install in the hole to provide a more rigid ring to keep the turn table from twisting, thus addressing this issue in some significant way.

I've got no direct experiences, just seen others who have installed them report about it on youtube.