Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline brauer.jim  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2023 22:50:40(UTC)
brauer.jim

United States   
I am interested in hearing from some old timers who moved their 7687 from the old 6040 keyboard to operate within the cS3.

I have both, and my layout is isolated between the two systems.

But very curious on how well it works or if you really need the all new turntable to have full functionality in CS3

Thanks for your opinions and technical help!

Jim

Jim Brauer
Getting restarted after 15 years!
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2023 23:43:09(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: brauer.jim Go to Quoted Post
I am interested in hearing from some old timers who moved their 7687 from the old 6040 keyboard to operate within the cS3.

I have both, and my layout is isolated between the two systems.

But very curious on how well it works or if you really need the all new turntable to have full functionality in CS3

Thanks for your opinions and technical help!

Jim

Hi Jim
I am not qualified in any way to answer your question I am young (76), I don't have a 7687 but a DigitalBahn DSD2010 instead but I have a CS3 and 7286.

Here are a few thoughts about your question;
- the CS3, among plenty of other things, is capable of issuing the exact same commands as from a Keyboard positioned to address 225.
- if it is of interest you may have a CS3 screen to represent the same key layout as on the keyboard.
- with the CS3 you will have all the fonctionalities you had on a 6021+keyboard.
- having a full automatic operation similar to what you have in Rocrail is restricted and a bit problematic (certainly as it was before on the previous set_up). This is because to handle long locos on the bridge, it is better to have more than one detection zone on it (I have 3 in the video below).
- programming of the 7687 is made with the virtual keys, exactly as they were on the keyboard (less than 5 seconds to enter the programming mode, etc)

Here is my 7286 with its DSD2010 decoder in operation with Rocrail in a totally automatic operation

I hope this can help you somewhat.
Cheers
Jean