Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Richard_Pymble  
#1 Posted : 30 July 2023 10:34:49(UTC)
Richard_Pymble

Australia   
I am having trouble successfully installing my 70412 semaphore signals with my EcOS. I have had no trouble with the 70392 signals, which just have dual aspects (Hp0 and Hp1), but the 70412 has three aspects (Hp0, Hp1 and Hp2) and I may be missing a crucial step that is not mentioned in the EcOS manual or the 70412 instructions...

I've set the signal to a specific address (253) using the dip switches, and I believe two addresses are required. I believe the EcOS should be automatically assigning the second address as one digit higher than the one I've set (i.e. 254).

I have correctly attached the red and brown wires from the back of the signal to my programming track.

I have used the EcOS New Accessory workflow to install the signal. I have installed it as Semaphore Hp0-Hp1-Hp2 and given it the correct address that corresponds to the one I set up using the dip switches.

When I try to operate the signal from the EcOS, I am getting either no movement at all or part movement that results in the arms of the signal not sitting in the correct position. The lower arm never seems to work.

Am I missing any steps?

Also, I don't understand what 'Variant 1' and 'Variant 2' on the EcOS accessory screen mean, or what purpose they serve. Can anyone advise me?

(See image below of how things look in my EcOS screen.)

Thanks in advance for any help with this one!
Richard

IMG_7106.jpg

Offline pederbc  
#2 Posted : 30 July 2023 15:04:53(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi,

I’ve had the same experience with the 70412 connected to Ecos. The wings would go to strange positions. By trial and error, I turned off the Railcom feature, and Heureca! The signal worked as it should. So check it out.

Br, Peder

I have the signal set to DCC.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pederbc
Offline Richard_Pymble  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2023 09:01:47(UTC)
Richard_Pymble

Australia   
Tack Peder. That worked very nicely indeed! No more stress in my train room (until the next crisis...). Richard.
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 31 July 2023 09:54:13(UTC)
Goofy

I have Lenz system too and the real problem was RailCom enable in the system that did disturb digital signals by Märklin.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control