Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2023 19:45:44(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Here soon I will be rebuilding the curved sections of my outdoor railway due to wood rot. I am considering going away from the LGB track I have and using Marklin's gauge one track for its more scale like look. LGB is like girders, dependable but way over scale. My railway is raised at waist to chest height, not ground level. It is also under a large shade tree. I would use the largest radius that Marklin offers for my curves. I would only need 4 switches to replicate the current track plan I have. I would sell the LGB track if I do this, it is all in good usable condition and my larger radius curves, LGB R7 15.5 foot, are brand new in the box still. Here is a pic of my railway.
UserPostedImage
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline owidgie  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2023 21:07:48(UTC)
owidgie

United States   
Hello "Art" - You do know that LGB won't run on I gauge track don't you? :)

Rick
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2023 21:10:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: artfull dodger Go to Quoted Post
Here soon I will be rebuilding the curved sections of my outdoor railway due to wood rot. I am considering going away from the LGB track I have and using Marklin's gauge one track for its more scale like look. LGB is like girders, dependable but way over scale. My railway is raised at waist to chest height, not ground level. It is also under a large shade tree. I would use the largest radius that Marklin offers for my curves. I would only need 4 switches to replicate the current track plan I have. I would sell the LGB track if I do this, it is all in good usable condition and my larger radius curves, LGB R7 15.5 foot, are brand new in the box still. Here is a pic of my railway.

But do you have any LGB locos and rolling stock? The flanges on LGB wheels are too large to run on Marklin track, so think things through before committing to changing it.

Offline artfull dodger  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2023 02:11:54(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
What little I have left does not leave my indoor overhead loop. I have gone the gauge one route. Most all my lgb is sold, only keeping what I run indoors, which will remain lgb track
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!