Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline heinrichhess  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2023 02:52:29(UTC)
heinrichhess

United Kingdom   
just got v 188 digital loco 37282 drives fine sound works on and off lights as well when the loco is not moving I can hear an alternating noise like a quiet short on bad track or a pulsating drone coming from the side with the slider and a momentarily change when different direction is chosen is this normal if so it will have to be stored on isolated track if not how to fix

v188.jpg

hess
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by heinrichhess
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 July 2023 07:55:50(UTC)
H0

The digital track signal makes a "buzzing" sound. You can hear that when a short circuit occurs, but you also hear it from several locos with a sound module.
With my locos, this sound is at a very low level and I don't think I need unpowered tracks to park those locos.

Hard to tell from the distance if your loco just has the normal buzzing sound at a low level or if there is a problem with a higher noise level.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline heinrichhess  
#3 Posted : 04 July 2023 09:57:47(UTC)
heinrichhess

United Kingdom   
ok good to know it has sound module and is coming from that part of the train my track is up hi and loco shad next to my head siting in an acoustic part of track so the loco track will get a power switch to shed when not running

hess
Offline nmbssncb  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2023 18:26:58(UTC)
nmbssncb

The 37282 comes with an "old" 6090 decoder (with a separate sound module). If you use a new control unit, not the 6021, but the newer Märklin CS or ESU 50210, and newer protocols such as DCC and RailCom enabled, especially the latter will probably be the cause of the "buzzing" sound.

Willy
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nmbssncb