Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline applor  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2023 03:26:21(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi all,

I did a CS2 update yesterday since I wanted to upload some new loco icons, and now on boot I get a question about upgrading the TFP version.

The problem is, I received 5 of the messages but only 3 update OK. The other 2 just sit on 0% forever and I have to turn off the CS2. On next boot I get asked again for the remaining 2 that won't update.

Any ideas what this is about and the problem?

Thanks

IMG-2277.JPG
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2023 04:12:44(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
If you have 5 TFPs that means you have additional CS2 and/or boosters

The error is probably due to a CAN bus failure which may be a cable/connection OR one device has a driver that is on its way out.
Note: A device that has a faulty (re)driver may work ok by itself but may cause problem for communication with others "on the bus"

First disconnect the CAN/System bus cable(s) from your CS2 and make sure it comes up cleanly , checking the version of its internal TFP
If you do have other CS2s as a slave I suggest updating them separately (with no devices attached)
For your boosters, connect then singularly, one at a time to the CS and retry the update.

I have had experience with what I describe as CAN bus driver failure of a CS2 (with similar symptom) .
Being used as a slave at the time, it needed to be taken out of circulation for "funnies" with other devices to disappear
Peter
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2023 14:40:15(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I would also be suspicious of the UID being displayed. Unplug your boosters one by one until the messages go away, and then you will know which are the problem boosters. I would try plugging them one at a time (with no other boosters in the circuit) into the cs2 to see if they will then update.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline applor  
#4 Posted : 31 May 2023 00:26:59(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Thanks for your help Peter, your advice was sound.

My only devices are one booster and a MS2. I unplugged them both and there were no TFP updates requested on CS2 boot up.

I then plugged the booster in and on boot I was prompted to update device fffffff as per my photo - but this time it did update. There was no other TFP update request.
After another shutdown and boot this time with the MS2 also connected, there were no further requests for TFP update.
I don't know what happened to the second TFP update request but it does not appear anymore.

So it can be said the problem is resolved since one of them updated and the other no longer appears.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by applor
Offline mmervine  
#5 Posted : 31 May 2023 01:23:25(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
That's great...this forum is amazing!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine