Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline garben  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2023 16:20:47(UTC)
garben

United States   
Hello!

I’m connecting my Marklin physical signals to TC (gold) and I’m not able to get the green-yellow aspect to show on my physical signal. When I test and cycle through the three aspects (green, red, green-yellow) the green and red work accordingly, but when I get to yellow on TC it turns the signal green without the yellow.

Am I able to accomplish this or will that not work with TC?

Please see attached.

Also,IMG_5038.jpeg what does the second row of buttons on picture represent.

Thank you!
Offline pederbc  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2023 17:09:04(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Address 1 and address 2.
You need to use 2 consecutive addresses for a 3-state signal. You have both addresses set to 88.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pederbc
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2023 17:33:37(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
In most cases, one digital decoder address (your 88) can control two aspects, e.g. ”red” and ”green” wired to resp. decoder output. Adding a third aspect, you will need one more digital decoder address (e.g. 89). In your case, you could wire ”yellow” to one decoder output, and let the other output remain empty, i.e. ”black”.

In TC, the first ”row of buttons”, refer to address 88, and the second row to address 89. This is where you define how your aspects refer to decoder settings and wiring, to enable ”red”, ”green” and ”green/yellow”.

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Kiko  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2023 18:20:37(UTC)
Kiko

Canada   
Originally Posted by: garben Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

I’m connecting my Marklin physical signals to TC (gold) and I’m not able to get the green-yellow aspect to show on my physical signal. When I test and cycle through the three aspects (green, red, green-yellow) the green and red work accordingly, but when I get to yellow on TC it turns the signal green without the yellow.

Hello "Garben"!

When I installed my Viessmann semaphores, I had the same problem figuring out how to set them up in TC. Usually a "picture is worth a thousand words", so I'm attaching a screen shot of my setup. Hope this helps.

RR&Co Three-Aspect Semaphore Output Configuration.jpg

Good Luck!
Andry

Andry
// Marklin HO K track; ECoS; TrainController Gold; Marklin & ESU decoders; Arduino controlled Switches, Semaphores & Accessories (DCC); Win 11 //
Offline garben  
#5 Posted : 15 May 2023 03:33:46(UTC)
garben

United States   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
In most cases, one digital decoder address (your 88) can control two aspects, e.g. ”red” and ”green” wired to resp. decoder output. Adding a third aspect, you will need one more digital decoder address (e.g. 89). In your case, you could wire ”yellow” to one decoder output, and let the other output remain empty, i.e. ”black”.

In TC, the first ”row of buttons”, refer to address 88, and the second row to address 89. This is where you define how your aspects refer to decoder settings and wiring, to enable ”red”, ”green” and ”green/yellow”.

Smile

Yup, I needed to do that along with some other adjustments. Thanks for the input and setting me on the right track. See image below. Thanks.
Offline garben  
#6 Posted : 15 May 2023 03:48:59(UTC)
garben

United States   
Originally Posted by: Kiko Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: garben Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

Hello "Garben"!

When I installed my Viessmann semaphores, I had the same problem figuring out how to set them up in TC. Usually a "picture is worth a thousand words", so I'm attaching a screen shot of my setup. Hope this helps.

RR&Co Three-Aspect Semaphore Output Configuration.jpg

Good Luck!
Andry

Thanks Andry and thanks for the picture, I played with trying out different combinations of the red and green buttons, along with what is shown in your picture, but couldn’t get the yellow to work right. I discovered that one of the options would be to have it neither red or green, and when I tried that it all fell into place. See my set up below. Appreciate your input as it helped my thinking process.
Norbert
633411F0-7ED0-4759-9F1E-B1E9535FAB64.png
Offline garben  
#7 Posted : 15 May 2023 03:56:59(UTC)
garben

United States   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post

Smile

Thanks for you reply. Based on your explanation of the difference between the two rows I played with different combinations and finally found the winning set up. See my image in reply to Andry.

I didn’t need to fiddle with any wiring as these signals came pre wired and with decoders already installed, so all good there. Thank you.