Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline bfriedland@cox.net  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2023 17:48:35(UTC)
bfriedland@cox.net

United States   
Hello:

I have a Marklin Strukton 28451 engine with an motor type I can't identify. The engine is running off of an old Delta Decoder that I would like to upgrade to an ESU Lokpilot. I can't locate an motor blow up on the Marklin site and its clearly not SFCM or LFCM.20230501_110944.jpg

Hopefully the picture of the lok uploaded with this post. Let me know if you recognize the motor and if you know whether any conversion to the motor would be required to change decoder over to a Lokpilot.

Thanks.
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#2 Posted : 01 May 2023 21:49:27(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
I have no personal experience on this matter, so I am just conveying what I found.

It seems that this loco was made by Fleischmann for Märklin, so the motor is a Fleischmann round motor. According to Stummiforum, a LokPilot 4.0 should be OK without any motor conversion.

The ground connector of the left wheel seems to be out of place. It should reside on the backside of the wheel, just like one on the right side.
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Martti Mäntylä
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 01 May 2023 22:08:20(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
I believe the Strukton set 28451 issued in 1997 by Märklin was made in collaboration with Fleischmann.
The model has been long with Fleischmann under the number 4290 (in case you need spares)
So chances are the motor is DC and can be driven by any "normal" DC decoder such as the mLD3, mSD3, etc.
Obviously, on the picture, one wheel set has been re-installed wrongly (current pick-up blade is supposed to be inside the wheel set
See also here https://www.lokmuseum.de/showart...ton&Seite=4&SID=
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline bfriedland@cox.net  
#4 Posted : 01 May 2023 23:58:57(UTC)
bfriedland@cox.net

United States   
Thanks to both of you.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 02 May 2023 08:38:25(UTC)
H0

This is a Fleischmann loco with a DC motor and installing a small decoder is no problem. I used an ESU LokPilot in mine.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage