Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline punksie1  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2023 21:49:51(UTC)
punksie1

Hello All,

I have switched from Ecos to Marklin CS3 with Traincontroller Gold which I have used for 7 years.
Every thing went well during the change over except the last step.
I have approx 60 blocks and all the blocks are being detected by the Marklin CS3 via the S88 Directly.

The setup is as follows: CS 3 has the Main S88 with the power and that is classified as the Direct connection to CS3.
All 16 ports work perfectly on the CS3 & Train Controller Gold V10.
I have 4 additional S88 daisy chained with the CAT 5 supplied and they register occupancy on the CS3 but not in the Traincontroller Gold.
No matter what I do TG Gold V10 will not see Bus 1 Module 2 3 or 4.

It appears as if TG Gold10 cant read past the Direct S88 and see the additional S88 modules
Since Traincontroller gold is pretty popular I am sure many people have more than 16 blocks on their layout.
Am I missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2023 05:12:21(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I’m using CS2, where all chained S88 units are defined in TC with address ”0” (zero); E.g.:

Module 1: Address 0 input 1-16
Module 2: Address 0 input 17-32 etc.

But using CS3 could be a different story. If you have a CS3 plus (60216) you can connect your S88’s directly to the CS3 plus. If you have a CS3 (60226) you must first connect a L88 brtween your first S88 and the CS3. But as you can see the inputs in your CS, it sounds as if you have a CS3 plus?
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline LSQ  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2023 10:27:46(UTC)
LSQ

China   
Originally Posted by: punksie1 Go to Quoted Post
Hello All,

I have switched from Ecos to Marklin CS3 with Traincontroller Gold which I have used for 7 years.
Every thing went well during the change over except the last step.
I have approx 60 blocks and all the blocks are being detected by the Marklin CS3 via the S88 Directly.

The setup is as follows: CS 3 has the Main S88 with the power and that is classified as the Direct connection to CS3.
All 16 ports work perfectly on the CS3 & Train Controller Gold V10.
I have 4 additional S88 daisy chained with the CAT 5 supplied and they register occupancy on the CS3 but not in the Traincontroller Gold.
No matter what I do TG Gold V10 will not see Bus 1 Module 2 3 or 4.

It appears as if TG Gold10 cant read past the Direct S88 and see the additional S88 modules
Since Traincontroller gold is pretty popular I am sure many people have more than 16 blocks on their layout.
Am I missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

https://www.freiwald.com...opic.php?f=4&t=32819

Offline punksie1  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2023 17:03:26(UTC)
punksie1

Firstly, Thank you so much for the detailed spreadsheet and information.
You have been a life saver, I have spent so many hours on this as it made no sense, especially coming from Ecos where Technically the Ecos Detectors are basically direct so its simple.
Wow!!!!! Finally its amazing to have you folks on the forum and appreciate all the info.

Thank you once again.
Offline punksie1  
#5 Posted : 29 April 2023 17:05:02(UTC)
punksie1

Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
I’m using CS2, where all chained S88 units are defined in TC with address ”0” (zero); E.g.:

Module 1: Address 0 input 1-16
Module 2: Address 0 input 17-32 etc.

But using CS3 could be a different story. If you have a CS3 plus (60216) you can connect your S88’s directly to the CS3 plus. If you have a CS3 (60226) you must first connect a L88 brtween your first S88 and the CS3. But as you can see the inputs in your CS, it sounds as if you have a CS3 plus?

Thank you, yes I dont know how the CS2 works as I came from Ecos straitght to CS3 which made it real confusing however thank you for your input.