Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Sashmeister  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2023 22:47:40(UTC)
Sashmeister

Bulgaria   
Hello all,

I am new to the forum, so i am sorry if this is not the right place. I would be glad if anyone could help me.

So, the issue is in the description. I have a PIKO 59789 locomotive, which was digital, but no sound. I have now decided to put sound on it, so i bought a plux 22 loksound 5 off ebay and asked the seller to add this sound to it:

http://projects.esu.eu/p...rder=date&country=ru

I have installed the new decoder, but the locomotive started acting weird. It doest accelerate as it should, it doesnt stop as it should and also the sound doesnt match the movement. I thought it wasnt programmed correctly but just in case I have decided to try it on another Piko locomotive i have. To my surprise sound and drive was perfect. I have then tried it on a Roco model - same deal. It drove and sound as it should. Then it got even weirder. I tried the decoder (piko 4.1) off the other Piko locomotive on the CHME3 - it ran and sound as it should. Then i tried the decoder off the Roco model (ZIMO) on the CHME3 - same deal - CHME 3 sounds and runs as it should. So i guess the issue is only with this new Loksound 5 decoder and the Piko CHME3 locomotive. I tried several different CV tweaks, but all in vain. And after all, the decoder works perfectly on the other two Locos, so all settings should be solid.

Video:

Any ideas?

Offline mbarreto  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2023 09:04:47(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Welcome to the forum.
In case it is as you say, it is really weird. I don't know much about Plux22 and probably
the problem is something different anyway maybe you can verify the connection of the Plux22.
Maybe the male and female of the decoder and your locomotive don't match exactly, so
you can try verify all pins are really connected between the decoder board and the locomotive board.
Having a Plux22 extender, would also help in test but I don't know if such a thing exists.
Probably others will have better ideas.

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Sashmeister  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2023 10:22:33(UTC)
Sashmeister

Bulgaria   
Hi,

It cant be a connection issue, since all the other Plux 22 decoders i have run great on the model and the decoder i took from this model run great on all the other locomotives i have. A person i found on the internet said that the motor on the Piko CHME3 is different, thus requiring other SV settings. He gave me a list. I did all of it. The model starts and runs smooth now, but doesnt want to stop. Perhaps i need to change something else.

Cv3=5
Cv5=255
Cv53=120
Cv54=115
Cv55=50
Cv52=0
Cv51=10
Cv56=255
Cv116=50
Cv117=150
Cv118=20
Cv119=20
Cv9=50
Offline Sashmeister  
#4 Posted : 21 April 2023 21:10:15(UTC)
Sashmeister

Bulgaria   
Update:

I found a guy on the internet who was able to help. It seems like the decoder needed adjustment with the lower quality motor this Piko model has.

Solution:
  • Reset the decoder to factory.

• Assemble about 3 meter long straight track.

• Put the locomotive on the track - throttle at idle.

• Enter CV54 = 0.

• Press F1 function.

• Loco with accelerate by itself and after a meter or two it will stop on its own.

• Restart the system

Done. The loco will now run smoothly, but will accelerate and stop very slowly. To fix this:
  • Adjust SV3 - acceleration speed.

• Adjust SV4 - deceleration speed.

I hope this helps if anybody else encounters this issue.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Sashmeister