Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kiko  
#1 Posted : 25 March 2023 22:52:53(UTC)
Kiko

Canada   
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had any luck with the following:
1. Wagon (car) fitted with ESU Digital Lighting Kit (50708)
2. Marklin loco with MFX+ decoder.

I'm trying to activate the 50708 in TrainController Gold when the car is attached to an MFX+ loco. It works fine if the car is attached to a loco with LokSound decoder and I can also activate the lights in the car stand-alone (short or long address). Note that I have configured the 50708 decoder as "Alternate Address" in both locos (see pictures). Somehow, the loco with MFX+ decoder does not relay that function to the 50708 decoder in the car.

I've tried setting the 50708 with "short address" and "long address" with no luck. The exact same scenario works great with a loco fitted with a LokSound decoder. (Pictures attached showing both function key assignment in LokSound equipped loco and MFX+ equipped loco).

Any help would be much appreciated. Confused

Andry
// Marklin HO K track; ECoS; TrainController Gold; Marklin & ESU decoders; Arduino controlled Switches, Semaphores & Accessories (DCC); Win 11 //
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2023 06:21:18(UTC)
Goofy

There is no mfx protocol in ESU digital light. Just only MM and DCC.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 27 March 2023 07:13:53(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
The ”Alternate Address” feature in TrainController requires that the engine decoder and the function decoder (your light decoder) use the same protocol. I have sent a request to Mr. Freiwald on this earlier. I guess we Märklinists are a bit ”special” in the MR world, not dealing with DCC only…

I haven’t found any other way to automatically trigger function decoders when the train is running.

RollEyes
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Kiko  
#4 Posted : 27 March 2023 16:28:45(UTC)
Kiko

Canada   
Hello "Goofy"

Thank you for that info. I kind of figured as much after playing around with the 50708 and both LokSound and MFX locos.

Hello "PeFu",

Thank you very much for that info -- now it's clear to me. I have replaced the MFX+ loco with one that has a LokSound decoder in it and everything works great. As you said, we "Marklinists" _are_ a bit different! BigGrin I, too, run multi-protocol locos (ESU and Marklin). I only have Marklin locos and have converted to LokSound only those that had the old decoders or any that did not run so well. I'm very happy with the combination.

Once again, thanks for the reply.
Andry
Andry
// Marklin HO K track; ECoS; TrainController Gold; Marklin & ESU decoders; Arduino controlled Switches, Semaphores & Accessories (DCC); Win 11 //
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Kiko