Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2023 05:12:16(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody has received their 39365 Ae 6/6 "Grisons"/"Graubünden" and what your opinion of the new motor/drive and shell/housing is?

How does it perform compared to the older models. I have a number of these locomotives and am trying to decide if I should order one of this new model.

I am specifically looking for your opinion on the motor/drive, any changes to the coupler spacing (like the Re 4/4II and Re 6/6 models) and the changes to the shell (front windows).

Ideally I would like to have a locomotive from the early 1970s (pre-UIC) but already with gray roof (not silver) and still with the red lamp on the top.
This is a historic model but is pretty much what I am looking for. The only downside is that the revision dates wouldn't fit a 1970s FS Gastarbeiter train
or SBB RIC train.

Regards

Mike C
Offline PFG45  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2023 10:13:06(UTC)
PFG45

Denmark   
Hi Mike,

I am overall quite pleased with the new Ae 6/6 (39365). I have only had a few inital runs with it - pulling 15 tank wagons (the 4754X-series) and it seem to do the job very well. The locomotive is quite heavy so the tractive efforts seems slightly better than the three axles powered Ae 6/6 (which I am generally quite pleased with also).

As I have only done a few runs with the same consist I have no view yet on the coupler spacing and how it works with different wagons. In terms of the details of the shell/front windows I will leave it to others to provide comment on (as I am not into your detail levels - kindly referring to your other posts which are otherwise quite informative and interesting - but I do not necessarily see/notice the the same things).

But, overall I am quite pleased with the overall feel and look - especially due to the higher cost of this locomotive.

Søren

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PFG45