Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Jelmew  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2023 08:25:27(UTC)
Jelmew

Netherlands   
Hi all,

My little one loves his marklin "fire truck train" (his words), however after a "train crash" (his words again) the front and back wheels are chipped. The front wheels are orderable and easily replacable, but I'm stumped on how to replace the back wheels. [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/N3wQZDrU5WnPoeFr8[/img]

All wheels I can find seem solid metal, the ony way to remove these seems to be to remove the plastic wheels. Any one has any clue where I can find new ones or find a wheelset that works the same way, so that it is insertable and attachable?

Kind regards,
Jelmew

IMG_20230122_182936.jpg
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2023 13:06:56(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Jelmew Go to Quoted Post

All wheels I can find seem solid metal, the ony way to remove these seems to be to remove the plastic wheels. Any one has any clue where I can find new ones or find a wheelset that works the same way, so that it is insertable and attachable?

The Marklin product page at 29340 lists spare wheels in the spare parts list. It looks like they come as a pair of axles with wheels. You will be able to order these from the Marklin shop, or your dealer (although that may take a bit longer, depending when he gets shipments of stock).

I presume that there are some screws in those deep holes at the end of the loco that will been to be removed to take the loco apart, and that should then allow the loco chassis to split and release the old wheels. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an exploded diagram of the loco to show how it fits together.

Offline Jelmew  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2023 15:06:00(UTC)
Jelmew

Netherlands   
I've found those wheels, and those are usable to replace the front wheels. These are the back wheels. It seems not really possible to access them by unscrewing since it is just a bar going through a plastic opening with two plastic wheels on it. Do I need to pop the wheels of the bar and if so, where would I get new plastic wheels?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2023 15:17:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Jelmew Go to Quoted Post
I've found those wheels, and those are usable to replace the front wheels. These are the back wheels. It seems not really possible to access them by unscrewing since it is just a bar going through a plastic opening with two plastic wheels on it. Do I need to pop the wheels of the bar and if so, where would I get new plastic wheels?

OK, send an email to Marklin, attach a photo of the damage, telling them you cannot identify the spare part number, and see if they have spare parts. You may even get them for free. There is an email for the service department, but I don't have it handy.