Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tinroofrusted  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2023 01:43:04(UTC)
tinroofrusted

Korea, Republic Of   
Hey, all,
This is Thomas. My brother recently gave me a Mobile station 2 and two small locomotives as he thought my one train was not enough. He is a good man. My original train has an mfx decoder so it was no problem getting it into the MS2 as it does it automatically. Unfortunately, the MS2 was not able to "find" the two smaller locomotives . So, I am going to get them set up manually. However, we do not know the domain # of these two locomotives. In the picture, you see a black 3000 series and a red 260 417-1. This is a shot in the dark, but can any of you look at the two digital motors/decoders and come up with a possibility of the domain number?
Also, I live in Korea. Is there any way to see who else is a member of the net from Korea? There is no Marklin here to speak of so I am just trying to build a small group in Asia. thanks for your time and thought process,
T[img=https://photos.app.goo.gl/jNB1wtmvDEFtqwvm9]The Red and Black[/img]
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2023 07:59:52(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I do not recognize the decoders.

What I would try: Put only one of those locos onto the track, register a new loco "MM programmable" with any address, then change the address of the loco (the lights should blink while the MS2 programs the address into the loco), then try to run the loco.
Then replace the loco and try the same procedure for the other loco, but with a different address.

I hope you tried "find loco" with only one loco on the layout. Otherwise it might be worth to try again.

Good luck!
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline tinroofrusted  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2023 01:35:56(UTC)
tinroofrusted

Korea, Republic Of   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

I do not recognize the decoders.

What I would try: Put only one of those locos onto the track, register a new loco "MM programmable" with any address, then change the address of the loco (the lights should blink while the MS2 programs the address into the loco), then try to run the loco.
Then replace the loco and try the same procedure for the other loco, but with a different address.

I hope you tried "find loco" with only one loco on the layout. Otherwise it might be worth to try again.

Good luck!

Thanks, HO. I will try the MM programmable registration. Find Loco was done with just one locomotive on the track. Your help is really appreciated. T
Offline cintrans  
#4 Posted : 19 January 2023 02:32:02(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
Hi Thomas

The black lock seems to have a lokpilot V4 as decoder in it.... but it looks like the top diode (LH top corner in picture) has blown. That could be the reason that your controller can't "see" the lok

The red lok might be a Delta decoder (???), the motor still has the field coil, so you should look in those kind of decoders used on field coil motors.... there is a picture of a Marklin 3530 on Ebay that has the exact same decoder....

Regards

Jean-pierre