Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mjborelli  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2022 19:01:44(UTC)
mjborelli

Good morning 9 Pin Wiring Diagram.docx (259kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

I am trying to wire my Marklin 7051 magnetic crane to a video game joystick using a 9 pin male adaptor pin for the joystick's female 9 pin plug. I am using a wiring diagram provided at http://www.rickard.gunee.com/projects and advice from the attached post from a Marklin User Net Forum member. After wiring the pin and connecting it to the wires from the Marklin crane and to my Marklin 6667A 16VA transformer I am able to raise and lower the crane magnet and swing the crane back and forth. When I push the joystick's fire button it turns the magnet on and also raises the magnet. I need more assistance with understanding the wiring diagram and especially what to connect the wire from the No. 6 (firing) pin on the male adaptor to. I have also attached an Iphone photo of the wiring of the crane cable wires to the plugs connected to t[/size]he 9 pin socket.
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 1.38.14 PM.pngIMG_5594.jpeg

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks/Mike

Online Crazy Harry  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2023 17:55:57(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Hi Mike,

I like the idea of using a joystick to operate the 7051 crane, in fact I bought a cheap joystick (without a fire button) to try it out myself.

I'm not familiar with the C64 joystick. Your description of the magnet coming on and the hook going up when you push the fire button, seems to indicate a short between pins 1 and 6 or the wiring associated with them.
When you move the hook up does the light in the crane cabin come on too, i.e., the magnet comes on? Can you provide more information on your wiring, where is the 16VAC (yellow and brown) connected, what colour wires are you using between the crane and joystick (is red with the blue stripe for the magnet, etc.)?

In the meantime I'll refresh my memory on crane wiring colours and draw up a sketch on how I plan to wire my joystick.

Cheers,

Harold.
Online Crazy Harry  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2023 20:59:47(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
I've created this general wiring sketch:

7051CraneWiring.pdf (179kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

The link you posted didn't work, but from the schematic you provided I would hook up the crane as follows:

Pin 1 up - red wire from crane cable
Pin 2 down - red wire from crane cable
Pin 3 right or clockwise - black wire from crane cable
Pin 4 left or counterclockwise - black wire from crane cable
Pin 6 fire or light/magnet - yellow wire from crane cable
Pin 8 common - yellow wire from transformer yellow

The brown wire from the crane should go directly to transformer brown.

I can't really make out the wiring from your photo, but it looks like you've done it as described above. Therefore, check for shorts between the pin 1 and 6 circuits on both the 9 pin plug and socket sides.

Hope this helps,

Harold.