Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Zme  
#1 Posted : 30 November 2022 04:05:10(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello everyone, hope you are well.

Forgive me if you already know about this new Z item.

UserPostedImage

This one really is interesting to me. An enlarged railbus.

Take good care.

Dwight
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Zme
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 30 November 2022 18:33:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Zme Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, hope you are well.

Forgive me if you already know about this new Z item.

This one really is interesting to me. An enlarged railbus.

Take good care.

Dwight

Well, it is a bit different to the railbus.
This is a Z Gauge version of a model that was in the H0 range back when Delta decoders first came out as catalogue #3428. It was later produced with blue/cream livery.

You also forgot to mention two other points about the item: -
1. If it looks rather expensive it is because it also comes with a cab control car, so you get two items for the price.
2. (and perhaps most important to many people) it is an Insider item, so 'only' available to those in the Insider Club (yeah, there are various ways around that).

Product page is here.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Zme
Offline wildstix  
#3 Posted : 01 December 2022 10:25:52(UTC)
wildstix

Indonesia   
Rechargeable Battery Powered??? Confused
Oka aka W. Kapriandi
Märklin Z scale (mini-club) purist but not a modeler!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 01 December 2022 12:20:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: wildstix Go to Quoted Post

Yes, the prototype was an electric railcar that used batteries.

Offline parakiet  
#5 Posted : 01 December 2022 20:08:42(UTC)
parakiet

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: wildstix Go to Quoted Post

A clean green eco-machine long before its time BigGrin
Offline Poor Skeleton  
#6 Posted : 01 December 2022 21:38:11(UTC)
Poor Skeleton

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Well, it is a bit different to the railbus.
This is a Z Gauge version of a model that was in the H0 range back when Delta decoders first came out as catalogue #3428. It was later produced with blue/cream livery.

You also forgot to mention two other points about the item: -
1. If it looks rather expensive it is because it also comes with a cab control car, so you get two items for the price.

I'm a late convert to rail-busses, but I really like the look of this model!

Quote:
2. (and perhaps most important to many people) it is an Insider item, so 'only' available to those in the Insider Club (yeah, there are various ways around that).

I'm intrigued by that last comment - can you elaborate? I also like the look of the upcoming BR320 (88320) but, alas, I'm not a club member. The 81320 set is nice but I much prefer the red livery!

Cheers

Chris

Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 01 December 2022 23:11:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Poor Skeleton Go to Quoted Post

I'm intrigued by that last comment - can you elaborate? I also like the look of the upcoming BR320 (88320) but, alas, I'm not a club member. The 81320 set is nice but I much prefer the red livery!

Cheers

Chris

Many dealers have 'ghost' Insider members that they order items against, or have members, like me, who only order H0 models, so order other gauge models against their membership. I have at least two certificates for Z gauge items ordered on my membership.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline veloboldie  
#8 Posted : 12 December 2022 19:28:29(UTC)
veloboldie

United States   
Another rail bus? How about an ICE4 rail car?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 12 December 2022 21:08:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: veloboldie Go to Quoted Post

Well, it is the insider Club item. An ICE4 would be a bit much for that (although there have been some large sets spread across three items at times on H0), but I would have thought an ICE4 would be the sort of item to appear in the new Items brochure in January.
Offline Zme  
#10 Posted : 13 December 2022 03:27:40(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello, hope all is well.

I likely didn’t know what I was saying when I said this new model was an enlarged railbus. It is red with a silver roof, but that might be where the most obvious similarities end. Yes, this might be a more obscure z scale model, but one which is readily available in other scales. The ETA may turn out to be a popular model for us and adds to the variety of z scale running gear.

It seems without fail, when an announcement of new model is released, there are a large number who are happy with certain models and perhaps an equal number who cannot understand how a given model is even considered for release. Joy and disappointment are something we all share, just like the prolonged waiting times we must endure.

I believe I have expressed my disappointment often enough when in the last five years, at least three different new railbus models were released, unfortunately, all in red with a silver roof. Perhaps these were representing different ERAs, but at a quick glance they seemed very similar.

In most cases, when a new model is finally received, nothing but joy prevails. Then it was worth it.

The ICE has not been completely modeled for us in Z. I like to think I know about the ICE models but am not aware of the ICE4 but I would also think it would be out already. It seems many ICE units had only limited production. I know the ICE3 had a few variations finally changing to the bell armature unit. The stripe variations are what I expected but I have not see these either. ICE3 also had a wagon expansion set, and single intermediate wagons. It would seem a small change to the lead units to make it ICE4 might be all that is needed. I don’t know if extensive changes would be needed for the wagons to be correct. Perhaps it is necessary to correct the finicky coupler system before producing another new model.

Take good care. Enjoy the season.

Dwight

Edited by user 13 December 2022 07:00:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline veloboldie  
#11 Posted : 13 December 2022 18:24:26(UTC)
veloboldie

United States   
Hello, hope all is well.

I likely didn’t know what I was saying when I said this new model was an enlarged railbus. It is red with a silver roof, but that might be where the most obvious similarities end. Yes, this might be a more obscure z scale model, but one which is readily available in other scales. The ETA may turn out to be a popular model for us and adds to the variety of z scale running gear.

It seems without fail, when an announcement of new model is released, there are a large number who are happy with certain models and perhaps an equal number who cannot understand how a given model is even considered for release. Joy and disappointment are something we all share, just like the prolonged waiting times we must endure.

I believe I have expressed my disappointment often enough when in the last five years, at least three different new railbus models were released, unfortunately, all in red with a silver roof. Perhaps these were representing different ERAs, but at a quick glance they seemed very similar.

In most cases, when a new model is finally received, nothing but joy prevails. Then it was worth it.

The ICE has not been completely modeled for us in Z. I like to think I know about the ICE models but am not aware of the ICE4 but I would also think it would be out already. It seems many ICE units had only limited production. I know the ICE3 had a few variations finally changing to the bell armature unit. The stripe variations are what I expected but I have not see these either. ICE3 also had a wagon expansion set, and single intermediate wagons. It would seem a small change to the lead units to make it ICE4 might be all that is needed. I don’t know if extensive changes would be needed for the wagons to be correct. Perhaps it is necessary to correct the finicky coupler system before producing another new model.

Take good care. Enjoy the season.

Dwight

Good points, Dwight. I also do not understand why Marklin would invest in the brass models, except to put them on your display case. I would rather have them come up with the digital Z scale for the 50th anniversary.
Offline parakiet  
#12 Posted : 18 December 2022 18:06:25(UTC)
parakiet

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: veloboldie Go to Quoted Post

Well, it is the insider Club item. An ICE4 would be a bit much for that (although there have been some large sets spread across three items at times on H0), but I would have thought an ICE4 would be the sort of item to appear in the new Items brochure in January.

didn't they once released the senator as insider?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by parakiet
Zme
Offline Zme  
#13 Posted : 18 December 2022 19:43:53(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello everyone, hope all is well.

You are correct. The Senator was first announced in 2008 as an Insider model. That set was huge and we have not seen another, like it. Here is info on this model.

https://www.maerklin.de/...ts/details/article/88100

Take good care.

Dwight
Offline parakiet  
#14 Posted : 18 December 2022 19:56:00(UTC)
parakiet

Belgium   
Hello everyone, hope all is well.

You are correct. The Senator was first announced in 2008 as an Insider model. That set was huge and we have not seen another, like it. Here is info on this model.

https://www.maerklin.de/...ts/details/article/88100

Take good care.

Dwight

still trying to get mine working :)

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by parakiet
Zme