Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline stevenva  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2022 14:31:57(UTC)
stevenva

United States   
Just bought a fine-looking Krok, and thanks to this forum, I now know that it runs on AC power. Still on the display track, it shows no use at all, so I'm wondering if I would seriously affect value if I run it a bit (after servicing, of course).

New here, most of my toys are LGB and Playmobil, with a few Marklin pieces.
Offline gcanton  
#2 Posted : 25 September 2022 17:14:54(UTC)
gcanton

United Kingdom   
IMHO you can run it without destroying its value as a collectors piece. That may be less true for the modern museum quality models where getting them on the track and running without a fragile bit getting knocked off is a worry but I do not think light use of the earlier more robust models is a problem. Indeed the ones where people have taken them apart and fitted sound decoders for example often come with a premium on resale. Patina or dirt, its a mystery to simple model fans. But have a wander about Ebay.de to see the prices for used or kept under glass and it does not seem to be a big deal. And you can't easily put a price on the pleasure of those rods whirling with a sensible train of assorted wagons stretching its legs in the garden on a sunny day with friends round.

Graham
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by gcanton
Offline stevenva  
#3 Posted : 25 September 2022 21:47:51(UTC)
stevenva

United States   
Hello, Graham,

Appreciate your opinion, and I absolutely agree! The loco needed new lubrication, and still hesitated, but ran smootly soon thereafter. It was a break-in run, about 15 minutes total. Wonderful to see in operation!

I'll try to attach a photo, but that feature does not seem to be working right now.

Steve