Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 28 August 2022 16:34:28(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Looking for a Swiss Restaurant coach I bought the LS Model 47268 A/C.
This is the A/C model which comes complete with slider ready to install lighting. It does work OK but the slider is smaller than a Marklin slider and I found that going through turnouts caused difficulty and light flickering. Looking at fitting a Marklin slider I do not think that is possible at least not for me.
I decided just to fit lighting using the current conducting couplers.
This is a nice coach but I would consider buying the version without the slider which is cheaper and runs well on C track.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2022 19:31:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
This is the A/C model which comes complete with slider ready to install lighting. It does work OK but the slider is smaller than a Marklin slider and I found that going through turnouts caused difficulty and light flickering. Looking at fitting a Marklin slider I do not think that is possible at least not for me.
This is a nice coach but I would consider buying the version without the slider which is cheaper and runs well on C track.

What lights have you fitted? I would consider waiting for the new ones Marklin are about to produce (announced in the New Items) which have a buffer capacitor on them. You can have cool white or warm white.

Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2022 20:59:15(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

What lights have you fitted? I would consider waiting for the new ones Marklin are about to produce (announced in the New Items) which have a buffer capacitor on them. You can have cool white or warm white.

I use Viessmann light bars. Never had a problem with flicker. All my coaches have them and some with their light bar decoder where you can light parts of a coach and switch off and on etc. With the LS model their slider and possibly ground spring would be the problem. Nice coach though and is fine with current conducting couplers.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 28 August 2022 21:36:55(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have a number of the different LSM Restaurant models in AC. The slider attached is the same as the Flusterschleifer introduced by Roco almost 20 years ago. I have many Roco locomotives with the same slider, as well as my RailTop/LSM TEE RAm, LSM Bm 4/4 and the RailTop ABt and BDt pilot coaches and have not had a single issue with operation on C Track.
Please elaborate on the difficulty you have experienced. As far as light flickering, it is more likely a ground (return) issue than a slider issue.

Regards

Mike C
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 28 August 2022 23:45:32(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I have a number of the different LSM Restaurant models in AC. The slider attached is the same as the Flusterschleifer introduced by Roco almost 20 years ago. I have many Roco locomotives with the same slider, as well as my RailTop/LSM TEE RAm, LSM Bm 4/4 and the RailTop ABt and BDt pilot coaches and have not had a single issue with operation on C Track.
Please elaborate on the difficulty you have experienced. As far as light flickering, it is more likely a ground (return) issue than a slider issue.

Regards

Mike C

The coach would derail at times on turnouts. The light flicker mainly on starting and stopping. I have removed the slider and the coach is now fine. I have seen a Roco slider in the past and thought it was longer that the LS one. I was going to measure the LS slider but at present I am not sure what I have done with it but it will probably turn up at some point.
However I am happy with the coach and will look at LS models in future. I only buy from Lippe and will wait until they have new stocks available.

David