Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kaav800  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2022 22:41:03(UTC)
kaav800

Norway   
Hello folks !!

Got lucky here the other day, and could add this beauty to my collection.The ST800 came in some miserable state,and the midt section vas misssing.This is a very rare opportunity when these loks very very
seldom appears here in Norway.Bought it from a very nice lady whos father has alzheimer.He have still some good moments and she vas glad she could give him good news that the lokomotive
he vas so fond in was i good hands,and still would live further.The ST is really quiet somthing of a loko.It was the most expensive loko.in the Märklin 00 cataloge when it was introdused.Its a real beauty.
So much charm and really iconic, and wery high prised in europe.Seeing this loko running with many sections on a big layout is really somthing. Had a nice job fixing it,but that is not a problem when you have the parts.Had to change the wheelset on the end section that was badley bendt.That was also the issue with the rear wheelset on the lokomotive with the screws (driveline).
Had too change also the brushplate because the brusches springpressure was too veak.Phantos NOS was also added from my workshop.I will keap the original paint even its has some damage,still has its patina.
I had also the mid section from the other ST that have five sections so... I have the original manual for it,but I dont have the box,but i have too check on EBAY for that,(maybe replica)
Couldent get all images because they where too big sorry. Well, have a nice weekend folks.
Best regards kaav800

[img]416_800jpg[/img][img]st800 2jpg[/img][img]st800 3jpg[/img]
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by kaav800
Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2022 09:39:02(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Very nice, thanks for sharing the pictures and story.

Cheers….

Mike
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2022 13:26:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kaav800 Go to Quoted Post
I will keap the original paint even its has some damage,still has its patina.

Wise choice. My understanding is that any repaint of these tends to cause suspicion about the colour scheme, especially if it has been repainted in one of the less common colour schemes. Looking at the pictures i would say the paint is in good condition for its age, showing true wear, so would expect it to fetch a good price at auction when you do eventually sell at some future date.

Nice purchase, trust it will give you many hours of pleasure. ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2022 18:09:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Nice set.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.