Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dannyboyz  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2022 22:21:24(UTC)
dannyboyz

Ireland   
Whilst having n gauge layouts for a number of years, I am 'dipping my toes' in the world of z. I have bought one set and some track, but am looking for Marklin suppliers in Ireland or the UK. I would prefer Irish suppliers in order to negate excessive postage charges and Customs charges buying from the UK. I know I can buy from the EU to avoid Customs charges, but was just wondering where members in Ireland or the UK buy their stock.
Offline IanC  
#2 Posted : 21 June 2022 09:53:44(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
There's a gang of about 8 of us gathering in Scotland this weekend from all over GB and we all get our Marklin stuff, mainly HO, from various suppliers in Germany.

Our next gathering is here near Bedford weekend 9-11 September if you can hop on a Ryanair to Luton and join us then, you'd be very welcome and I can send you further details.

IanC
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by IanC
Offline dannyboyz  
#3 Posted : 21 June 2022 10:07:52(UTC)
dannyboyz

Ireland   
Many thanks for that @IanC. Looking at the options available, buying from Germany seems like a good choice - it certainly avoids having to go through Irish Customs. As regards coming over to the UK, I was over there in May and my wife is having a visit in August - we tend to have separate trips due to our 'zoo'. However, my brother, who also has a few Z gauge stuff, lives in Essex, so a visit in September is not out of the question, if my wife can get time off work. She has to take time off if I am on holiday, as she does not drive, so I am her 'taxi'. I will certainly give it some thought.
Offline IanC  
#4 Posted : 21 June 2022 10:23:00(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Here's the details for you and your wife to discuss and consider. I hope you can both make it. You can go back on this topic in Marklin Club UK to see what last years gathering was like.

The Second UK Insider Stammtisch gathering at The Sun Felmersham near Bedford MK43 7EU on 9,10,11 September 2022

www.thesunfelmersham.com

Accommodation is at The Sharnbrook Hotel MK44 1LX

www.thesharnbrookhotel.com

Anyone experiencing problems booking The Sharnbrook Hotel via their web site could try emailing them instead on: hello@thesharnbrookhotel.com

I have set up a specific email address for the purposes of this event where interested Marklin fans can contact me for details and more information, it is:

campbellclan.marklinukstammtisch@btinternet.com

Please let me know if you are coming. I'll be sending out a programme and a menu before the event and it would be helpful if people could let me know their requirements in advance to help with the catering and other arrangements.

This year we are participating as part of a larger Oktoberfest weekend at The Sun. The arrangements are: Set-up Friday afternoon and evening, running all day Saturday and until Sunday afternoon. German beers and cuisine. Swap meet, live streaming, good company.
Bring something to run. I'm going to have to charge you around £25-£30 each for the venue hire and equipment for the weekend. Food, drinks and hotel is up to you! We are organising a WAGS programme for your better halves so please bring them along too.

Ian Campbell

For the monthly on-line 'virtual' UK Stammtisch please contact Max Holzbauer at

www.maerklininsider.uk/Contact/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by IanC
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 21 June 2022 23:51:04(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Nobody in the UK has any Marklin stock. I have more on my layout than they have regarding HO stuff.
Lippe in Germany is my supplier and they have never let me down.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2022 12:16:46(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have see some small Z gauge starter set at some N.Ireland dealers about 5-10 years ago but most stock hornby today but no Marklin at present.

I think Marks Models have some Marklin Z gauges, Check before you travel.

https://www.marksmodels.com/?cid=567
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline dannyboyz  
#7 Posted : 23 June 2022 12:50:35(UTC)
dannyboyz

Ireland   
Thanks for that. I had looked at Marks Models a couple of weeks ago. I have just had another look and nothing comes up for Marklin models. Looks like I am stuck with countries in the EU - or ebay!.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dannyboyz
Offline IanC  
#8 Posted : 23 June 2022 13:58:37(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
My favoured supplier is MC Huenerbein in Aachen, MSL Lippe is popular but don't do Marklin Insider, Wilde 13+ or other specials. B-W Bahn in Munchen and Joe's Modellbahnlaedle are also used and recommended.

IanC
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by IanC