Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tue Albertsen  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2022 11:17:37(UTC)
Tue Albertsen

Denmark   
Hi All

When I start Rocrail - I can't get the correct switch positions from my CS3.

I have two S88 modules directly connected to the CS3 and the these contacts are shown correct. From Rocrail I can control power on CS3 so basic communication is OK. When I manually change a switch position either in Rocrail or in CS3, it is changed correct accordingly.

So it's only when I start Rocrail for running e.g. in automatic mode, the switch positions are set incorrectly compared to CS3.

Anyone know if any CS3 or Rocrail option are missing?

Thanks for any reply :-)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tue Albertsen
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2022 11:57:36(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Tue
Welcome to the forum
I use Rocrail with a CS3, connection PC-CS3 using a wifi router (cable on the CS3 side, WiFi on the PC side). My switches are C track without a switch position feedback.
My feedback is through a Link88, three 60881, seven 6088 / 60880 so I have in excess of 100 signals.
When you change a switch from the CS3 it must show on Rocrail but if you change it manually, Rocrail will not know.
I must say that I never paid attention that switches position are or are not matching Rocrail's

Here are the little things I know:
- Rocrail does not ask nor receives switch positions when it starts
- Rocrail does not need to because no train will start before a route is set (setting all needed switches) before ordering a loco to start (even if one switch is wrongly set, RR will correct the position before the train move)
- of course if you stop Rocrail before the CS3, RR will cut the power on the CS3 thus making impossible to change switches position.

Switch positions are so unimportant that to improve the working of my C track switches I have written a program to operate switches back and forth to ensure later a perfect operation.
Just my opinion
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Tue Albertsen  
#3 Posted : 21 May 2022 13:10:35(UTC)
Tue Albertsen

Denmark   
Thanks John for your rapid reply.

I'm very impressed reading all your comments and answers in this forum. So thanks for replying to a newbee like me.
I guess you are right... no need for reading startup position from CS3 as switch positions are set on the fly according to the actual chosen routes.

In my quest to solve this issue, I deleted some of my locomotives from Rocrail but somehow i'm not able to rediscover them (reading from CS3). Do you know what should be done to get this function working again?

Best regards

Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 22 May 2022 11:53:28(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Tue Albertsen Go to Quoted Post

In my quest to solve this issue, I deleted some of my locomotives from Rocrail but somehow i'm not able to rediscover them (reading from CS3). Do you know what should be done to get this function working again?

Hi Tue

If you deleted the loco in Rocrail, you will have to create the loco anew. Pay attention to the loco number assigned by MFX. No big deal BUT be careful to give it the exact same name if you use permissions and loco-related actions (they use the loco name. On new locos try to avoid the space character.

If you deleted the loco on the CS3, then, in the loco tab (red down central), then the wrench, then select "Rediscover lost MFX locomotives.
cs3_Loco_Edit.png

If the loco is not MFX you have to re-enter all parameters. Better have a little note book or an excel file where you write all your loco's parameters.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Tue Albertsen  
#5 Posted : 23 May 2022 14:07:12(UTC)
Tue Albertsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tue Albertsen Go to Quoted Post

Hi Tue

If you deleted the loco in Rocrail, you will have to create the loco anew. Pay attention to the loco number assigned by MFX. No big deal BUT be careful to give it the exact same name if you use permissions and loco-related actions (they use the loco name. On new locos try to avoid the space character.

If you deleted the loco on the CS3, then, in the loco tab (red down central), then the wrench, then select "Rediscover lost MFX locomotives.
cs3_Loco_Edit.png

If the loco is not MFX you have to re-enter all parameters. Better have a little note book or an excel file where you write all your loco's parameters.
Cheers
Jean

Thanks again John.
My question arose because of the RocRail "Discover" function not working. However I found my loco's in an old Rocrail folder in imported them.

Best Regards
Tue