Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline pmgsr  
#1 Posted : 17 May 2022 21:20:37(UTC)
pmgsr

Hi there,

I have an old CS1 and use rocrail. Now i have a small problem: trying to configure a K threeway turnout with two motors in rocrail. In the CS1 the threeway turnout is working ok like the pictures on the screen. When i configure the turnout in rocrail it gives me wrong positions. I configured with two addresses in rocrail.
The decoder is a viessmann 5211 but i think that's not the problem because it works well in the CS1.

Anyone have one configured?

Thanks.
Pedro.
Pedro Rosa.
Linda-a-Velha / Lisbon, Portugal.
My Layout (Marklin, C-Track, Digital)
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 17 May 2022 22:17:57(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Pedro
If your CS1 and Rocrail are taking good care of your other switches, then the problem with 3 way switches is not with the CS1, nor Rocrail but in your setting of the addresses I think.

Agreed I use a CS3 and C rail track but this does not change anything (CS1 or CS3 is just a conduit between Rocrail and the digital decoders.

Here is the configuration of one of my 3 way switches

RocrailAig3Voies.png

In the interface tab (addresses, etc), the upper part framed in red is for the left switch part while the lower portion, framed in blue is for the right part of the switch
Note the consecutive addresses for the CS to address them

Attention: make sure you did not check any of the reverse box (to invert the direction of the remote) See the boxes framed in green
I hope this helps

Jean
Offline pmgsr  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2022 22:38:39(UTC)
pmgsr

Hi Jean,

Thankyou very much for your reply.

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Pedro
If your CS1 and Rocrail are taking good care of your other switches, then the problem with 3 way switches is not with the CS1, nor Rocrail but in your setting of the addresses I think.

Yes, of course.

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post

In the interface tab (addresses, etc), the upper part framed in red is for the left switch part while the lower portion, framed in blue is for the right part of the switch
Note the consecutive addresses for the CS to address them
Attention: make sure you did not check any of the reverse box (to invert the direction of the remote) See the boxes framed in green
I hope this helps
Jean

That's exactly how i configured the threway switch. The only difference is that i chose Motorola as the protocol.
I tried inverting addresses.
Working on CS1. Strange behavior in Rocrail (wrong positions).

Pedro.
Pedro Rosa.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 17 May 2022 22:54:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Pedro
I have a CS1 but I haven't used it for much time and never with Rocrail. Sorry
If your switch is driven in the wrong way (the left part of the switch is driven OK but mixes straight with deviation, then check the invert in the green box for each part of the 3 way switch
Then I think all will be fine
Jean
Offline applor  
#5 Posted : 18 May 2022 04:24:10(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Yes I have CS2 with rocrail and using Lenz LS150 with my K track 3-way. Just sounds like you need to swap some values or the wires - you need the straight command to be the same for both motors.

3-way.jpg
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline pmgsr  
#6 Posted : 19 May 2022 10:17:18(UTC)
pmgsr

Thanks to all of you that helped.

I managed to have it running in rocrail but can't have it running on the CS1 at the same time. Even using the Invert on rocrail, when it's correct on the CS1 i am unable to have it right on rocrail. I'll get into it again sometime but now i leave it running on rocrail (don't use the CS1 for anything else then connecting to the network and the layout or running a loco in manual mode).

Thanks again and i'm very happy that this "old" forum is still running. Much more useful that social networks (neverthless social networks are a nice complement).

Best Regards,
Pedro.
Pedro Rosa.