Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline pmgsr  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2022 18:42:06(UTC)
pmgsr

Hi there,

I have a Marklin 26507 set with a DB AG class 143 loco. (*CORRECTED FROM ORIGINAL POST*)

UserPostedImage

I bought it many years ago and because i've been away from the layout for many years i didn't remember if i ever put it to work any time. Neverthless i tried this weekend after oiling it. Not a signal or sound from the loco. Opened it and after looking at some loose wires i tried to change two jumpers on the decoder, after reading the manual. It worked! Normally... problem is that, like you can see in the manual image, Marklin says that setting those jumpers are only for maintenance. Can't imagine what it does, anyone knows? I revert the jumpers and it stopped working but i don't want to set them without knowing the problem.
Any help? Thanks.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
(jumpers location)

Manual:
UserPostedImage
Pedro Rosa.
Linda-a-Velha / Lisbon, Portugal.
My Layout (Marklin, C-Track, Digital)
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2022 18:56:21(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Such a decoder only makes sense for a push/pull train. It makes no sense in a freight train.

Just set the decoder to maintenance mode and you're done.

The loco should have a Delta decoder. Maybe someone installed the decoder from a 26511 class 140 loco.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline pmgsr  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2022 19:50:14(UTC)
pmgsr

Thanks Tom,

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

Such a decoder only makes sense for a push/pull train. It makes no sense in a freight train.
Just set the decoder to maintenance mode and you're done.
The loco should have a Delta decoder. Maybe someone installed the decoder from a 26511 class 140 loco.

Yes, probably, because it was bought on ebay. Can't remember if that was said on the product description.
But do you know why this "mainetance" mode?

Pedro.
Pedro Rosa.
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 26 April 2022 20:17:53(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: pmgsr Go to Quoted Post
You can run the loco "single" after lubricating it. That's all there is behind that "maintenance mode".

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline pmgsr  
#5 Posted : 26 April 2022 20:53:19(UTC)
pmgsr

Tom,

You can run the loco "single" after lubricating it. That's all there is behind that "maintenance mode".

ok, thanks.

However i made a mistake and corrected the original post in the meantime.
It's a Marklin 26507 set with a DB AG class 143 loco. So a push and pull train like you said before!
Sorry for the mistake, yestarday was lubrification day for both of them (several year on boxes) and today i made the mistake of swapping the loco with the problem on the post.

Ok, so if it only works with the jumpers in mainetance mode i just change them?

Pedro.

Pedro Rosa.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 26 April 2022 21:46:18(UTC)
H0

When connected to the train, the loco can take power from the control car. That is vital to stop a pushed train correctly at a red signal automatically.

If you run manually, you can leave the loco in "single" or "maintenance" mode all the time.

Only in "maintenance" mode the loco can run in both directions without being connected to the control car.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline pmgsr  
#7 Posted : 26 April 2022 23:56:48(UTC)
pmgsr

When connected to the train, the loco can take power from the control car. That is vital to stop a pushed train correctly at a red signal automatically.
If you run manually, you can leave the loco in "single" or "maintenance" mode all the time.
Only in "maintenance" mode the loco can run in both directions without being connected to the control car.

Makes sense, thanks you very much.

Pedro Rosa.