Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mrunix  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2022 22:53:32(UTC)
mrunix

Sweden   

Can two MS2 control 20 engines(10 unique each) or is the second MS2(slave) limited to the 10 on the master MS2?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrunix
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 April 2022 00:21:06(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum.

You're not up to date: The Master MS2 can control up to 40 locos, the Slave MS2 can access all 40 locos from the Master MS2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline mrunix  
#3 Posted : 01 April 2022 10:29:34(UTC)
mrunix

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Welcome to the forum.

You're not up to date: The Master MS2 can control up to 40 locos, the Slave MS2 can access all 40 locos from the Master MS2.

Aha, great :)

I think my MS2 only can see 10 engines, does that mean that I might need to update the FW on the MS2?
Offline dominator  
#4 Posted : 01 April 2022 10:44:41(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
You need to upgrade your MS2's to the latest version. If you know someone nearby who has a CS2, then you can get them to update yours from their MS2. You will then display 40 possible locos on your display.

In answer to your question, how many locos do you think you can control. You have to dial up the locos to access them, so at any one time, with 2 MS2's, you can have 2 locos immediately available. How quick you can dial up another loco, lets you know how many locos you will be able to control at one time. If you have 6 circuits independently operating, you can run six locos without dialing them up, but if you have up to 2 locos on one track, then you would be advised to have the two immediately available by displaying one on one MS2 and the other on your second MS2.

You may be capable of doing more, but accidents do happen.

Just my 2 cents worth. Been there, done that.
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 01 April 2022 10:52:29(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mrunix Go to Quoted Post
I think my MS2 only can see 10 engines, does that mean that I might need to update the FW on the MS2?
Which version do you have?
IIRC version 1.83 can handle 40 locos and works quite good. With that version there will be 10+1 locos on the display, but up to 40 locos in the loco list. But it still is limited to 16 functions per loco.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage