Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Diesel2000  
#1 Posted : 22 March 2022 15:41:24(UTC)
Diesel2000

United States   
Hi, I have some LGB locos that have MSD3 decoders in them and I use a DCC system for control (Massoth). Does anyone have experience with updating function mappings using a DCC and not MFX system? The manual sort of describes the process, but it seems to be pretty lacking and I have not been able to figure out how to execute it.

There are no instructions or examples of what the logical operators "and 1" through "and 16", "or 1" through "or 8", and "Xor 1" through "Xor 4" do in the decoder's function mapping environment. Likewise, there is no explanation of what the Flip Flops 1 through 4 do. There is no clear method to delete a line from the 80 available once it is created.

Here is the manual to which I'm referring, pages 16-19

https://static.maerklin....cb145768d31597737980.pdf

Thanks!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2022 15:55:30(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Diesel2000 Go to Quoted Post
There is no clear method to delete a line from the 80 available once it is created.
Overwrite it so it does nothing. Probably achieved by having 0 values everywhere.

There are no instructions or examples of what the logical operators "and 1" through "and 16", "or 1" through "or 8", and "Xor 1" through "Xor 4" do in the decoder's function mapping environment.
I have no idea yet.
Maybe they can be used to connect lines by setting those values in CV 35 in one line and in CV 36 of another line.
Another documentation file, German only, and not providing much additional information:
https://www.maerklin.de/...Zusatzanleitung_0716.pdf
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline phils2um  
#3 Posted : 23 March 2022 07:52:57(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
There are no instructions or examples of what the logical operators "and 1" through "and 16", "or 1" through "or 8", and "Xor 1" through "Xor 4" do in the decoder's function mapping environment. Likewise, there is no explanation of what the Flip Flops 1 through 4 do. There is no clear method to delete a line from the 80 available once it is created.

Hi Diesel, this looks awfully familiar - word for word dare I say?
Phil S.
Offline Diesel2000  
#4 Posted : 23 March 2022 11:05:32(UTC)
Diesel2000

United States   
Originally Posted by: phils2um Go to Quoted Post

Hi Diesel, this looks awfully familiar - word for word dare I say?

Phil - yes sorry I did lift your text from the other forum as you described exactly what we want to know after testing. Apologies and I will edit or remove if you don’t approve.
Offline costing  
#5 Posted : 23 March 2022 16:04:32(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
JMRI knows about the M* decoders and they can be programmed over DCC too. The function mapping tab of JMRI for a MSD3 decoder looks like the screenshot below. It's slightly more intelligible than the decoder manual :)

Screenshot_20220323_155924.png
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by costing
Offline Diesel2000  
#6 Posted : 23 March 2022 16:54:43(UTC)
Diesel2000

United States   
Originally Posted by: costing Go to Quoted Post
JMRI knows about the M* decoders and they can be programmed over DCC too. The function mapping tab of JMRI for a MSD3 decoder looks like the screenshot below. It's slightly more intelligible than the decoder manual :)

Screenshot_20220323_155924.png

That looks to be exactly whats needed here if I can set up JMRI through my Massoth 1210z CS. Thank you!

Offline phils2um  
#7 Posted : 23 March 2022 22:37:14(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Phil - yes sorry I did lift your text from the other forum as you described exactly what we want to know after testing.

No, I'm OK with it.BigGrin i did email the Märklin Dudes the same question with a suggestion that the topic be addressed in one of upcoming Zoom meetings. Have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks for bringing it up here.ThumpUp

Costing - Thanks for the info about the JMRI template. I still would like an explanation/understandng of how the logicals work - I don't care for "black boxes" in situations like this! Confused
Phil S.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by phils2um
Offline patnaik  
#8 Posted : 29 March 2022 03:33:17(UTC)
patnaik

United States   
I too would like to know how the logicals work. I have done some simple fiddling with function mapping of a mSD/3 with JMRI via an Intellibox