Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PMPeter  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2022 15:25:06(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I have a Fleischmann 6652 turntable (similar to 7286), a CS2 and a LDT TT decoder that are all functioning properly with Rocrail control. I have it set up so that the house on the bridge is on the +ve side of the TT block. So all is fine as long as I stick to that setup. Locos enter the positive side of the block and back into the roundhouse stalls or aux. tracks from the positive side. Locos exit the spoke tracks on to the -ve side of the bridge in order to depart the turntable area at the house end of the bridge.

Where I am having a problem is when I try to enter a loco on the opposite side of the bridge block. I get the Ghost train even though I have that route defined. Sometimes I just want to move a loco from one stall to another without having the bridge rotate 180 degrees multiple times to have the bridge house in the correct location and the loco backed into the spoke track. What am I missing in order to set up the TT control for Rocrail to accept a loco coming in from the opposite side of the block?

Peter

Edited by user 28 March 2022 18:45:14(UTC)  | Reason: Changed -ve side to opposite side

Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 18 March 2022 14:29:09(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter

I have almost the same set-up as you: Rocrail, Märklin 7286 but the TT decoder is a DigitalBahn DSD2010 in my case.
The simplified decoder LDT TT (I may be wrong here) allows only 24 positions of the TT, so the loco detection works well if you use only one sensor (which the LDT allows. This allows any loco to enter the bridge from any side without creating a ghost train.

My set-up is based on:
- a direct RS232 link between the DSD2010PC and the PC with an additional Controller (DSD2010) allowing all 48 positions
- each access track is associated with TWO routes (e.g.: [AT1+]-[DS+] and [AT1+]-[DS-] allowing the access track (AT) to be connected to the + or the - side of the bridge.
- my TT has 3 sensors on the bridge (S1=ENTER, S2=PRE2IN, S3=IN) which of course are declared in the routes of the DS1 (allenter+ and Allenter-) and of course, in the other direction it is reversed (S3=ENTER, S2=PRE2IN, S1=IN). Failure to do this would result in a ghost train.
- because in a schedule lists only block names, and not the entrance side on the bridge (+ or -), I use an output (24+) to indicate that only the position from 25 to 48 are to be used). The same output is listed (feedback) in the routes from AT 1 to AT24. Reciprocally I use an output (24-) to indicate that only the position from 1 to 24 are to be used). The same output is listed (feedback) in the routes from AT 25 to AT 48

Sorry it is a bit stuffy and delicate to explain
So here is the result with an optimized operation of the TT.
Optimized meaning that when the TT is free, it never rotates more than 180° and when occupied it can rotate to anywhere

So in your case you need to correct the DS1 sensor declaration like here
All Enter+
Sans titre.png
All Enter-
Cheers
Jean
Sans titre1.png
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline PMPeter  
#3 Posted : 19 March 2022 00:37:38(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Thanks Jean.

The LDT TT allows for 48 positions.

The only difference I can see in your setup compared to mine is that you have 3 bridge sensors and I only have 1.

I have this bridge sensor configured as Enter2In on both the +ve and -ve enters to the bridge block. So I do not understand why I get the Ghost Tarin when I come in from the negative side. I wonder if it has something to do with decoder position and opposite track position. The CS2 doesn't seem to care where the house is as long as the tracks are aligned properly. Rocrail cares and that may be where I am missing something.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 19 March 2022 10:39:05(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
Then double check that for both directions (All Enter+ and All Enter-) you have this sensor declared as ENTER2IN (especially on the All Enter- where you have the ghost train..
I can't see any other possibility
Cheers
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2022 19:27:21(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Peter
Then double check that for both directions (All Enter+ and All Enter-) you have this sensor declared as ENTER2IN (especially on the All Enter- where you have the ghost train..
I can't see any other possibility
Cheers
Jean

Double checked and triple checked! That's not it. I read on the Rocrail forum something about the opposite track that needs to be set up properly. I am assuming that is where I have an error that is causing this in the Route setup. I'll figure it out eventually.

Offline JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 20 March 2022 02:16:38(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
Just in case, here is my Rocrail track table for the turntable
Rocrail Track Table.png
Also make sure that the contact blades at the end of each rail on the bridge are cut or at least bent so that NEVER it will make contact with rails on the access track
This may explain why in 24 positions it works fine and when making a 180° turn the contact track on the bridge gets accidentally connected with the ground rail on one access track thus making an early and wrong detection of the train on the bridge BEFORE the loco is allowed to move and enter the bridge.
Just a shoot in the dark. It must works. You are so close to success.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline PMPeter  
#7 Posted : 20 March 2022 15:10:31(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I see that you have set up the decoder for all 48 steps. Perhaps that is the difference. I have set mine up only for the actual tracks leaving the turntable. Therefore, if I have an exit on track 8 and the opposite track 32 they both have the same decoder address since as previously mentioned the CS2 doesn't seem to care where the bridge house is located.

Regarding the contact blades, I took care of that several years ago when I first set up the turntable.

Peter
Offline PMPeter  
#8 Posted : 20 March 2022 18:12:03(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
While I was searching information on Rocrail WIKI for operating roundhouse shed doors, I came across a separate section on what all has to be set up in order for locos to enter the -ve side of the bridge. It seems that Actions need to be set up. Unfortunately the WIKI is in German and I need to decipher it first. So it appears that this is not a straight forward option as I had hoped for.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 20 March 2022 18:25:01(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   

Hi Peter
So I read again your first post.
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
Where I am having a problem is when I try to enter a loco on the -ve side of the bridge block. I get the Ghost train even though I have that route defined. Sometimes I just want to move a loco from one stall to another without having the bridge rotate 180 degrees multiple times to have the bridge house in the correct location. What am I missing in order to set up the TT control for Rocrail to accept a loco coming in from the -ve side of the block?

I am puzzled by exactly what you do:
- are you running a schedule going through the TT?
- are you in a fish bowl mode?

What puzzles me is:
- in both cases, the route leading to the TT will only be open (loco sent to the TT) only if the TT reports a valid position, otherwise the loco waits in the block before the TT until the TT position is reported to Rocrail as valid (expected)
- on my TT, the entering side matters, not only because I have 3 sensors on the bridge (you would get a ghost if you enter on the wrong side) but also because Rocrail decides if the loco goes in the same direction or the reverse one after the destination is reached.
- if using a schedule and forcing the loco to drive (if it did not started by itself) to the TT then you will get a ghost train EVEN if the bridge is correctly positioned by Rocrail (but apparently did not get the valid feed-back).
- Because you use only ONE sensor, Rocrail has no way to know which side you are entering so if you get a ghost, it means Rocrail IS NOT expecting the loco to enter the bridge because it is not reported as properly positioned.
- Rocrail definitely needs to make a difference between entering on the plus or minus side, otherwise it won't know it it needs to change direction or not depending on the loco orientation on the bridge and its destination track.

Therefore, if I have an exit on track 8 and the opposite track 32 they both have the same decoder address since as previously mentioned the CS2 doesn't seem to care where the bridge house is located.

IMHO, if you drive your TT with 48 positions, then you need to report on the used track a specific sensor and you need to tick the "move bridge if target position is opposite"
Conversely, if you drive your TT with 24 positions, then you need to untick the "move bridge if target position is opposite" (in Turntable/general).

Note: Rocrail Wiki says:
all blocks facing a TT must have their minus side oriented towards the TT. Is it the case for you?
Are you using a position reached signal (to be filled in TT/Properties/interface "Position sensor" ) or a specific sensor for each track (to be filled in TT/Properties/Tracks in the column "position sensor")?
Cheers
Jean

Offline JohnjeanB  
#10 Posted : 20 March 2022 19:09:35(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
While I was searching information on Rocrail WIKI for operating roundhouse shed doors

Hi
Each roundhouse shed has a block for each access track of a TT.
For each block of this round house you can create actions triggered by
- depart or reserved to open the door
- in / Enter2in or free (with a delay) to close the door (e.g. using servos)

I use this to turn on or off lights, sound, smoke of locos in sheds
Cheers
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#11 Posted : 28 March 2022 01:39:06(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Now that I have my servo driven roundhouse doors all functioning properly in Rocrail, it is time for me to go back and refine my turntable operation. Below is my Rocrail turntable area screenshot.

Turntable snip.png

So as stated previously, my turntable works properly when I enter the bridge at the positive house end (green dot) from either the TT Etr or Exit N blocks. (Shown in the snip is entrance from the negative side of the TT Etr block to the positive side of the TT01 block. Note: The TT01 position sensor is showing green instead of red because I took the snapshot while offline) Once the loco is on the bridge it reverses direction and the turntable can go to any of the 6 roundhouse blocks, the 2 coaling station blocks or the water crane block. Once the destination is reached the loco backs into the selected location, stops and changes direction, and waits.

Now if I want the loco to leave any of these 9 tracks, the turntable rotates so that the bridge house is on the opposite side of the track that I am leaving from, with the locomotive pointing towards the house. This is fine if I am exiting the turntable area through either of the entrance or exit tracks. However, here is where the problem comes in. If for example I brought a loco in to the water crane block Wtr and then want to move it to either a roundhouse stall or one of the coaling station tracks, the turntable rotates 180 degrees, the loco enters, but is now facing the wrong way when it reaches the selected location. So what I was trying to achieve is to have the loco enter the turntable without the 180 degree rotation. If I set up a Wtr- to TT01+ route, it gets ignored and the bridge still rotates. If I try to set up a Wtr- to RdHs6- route I immediately get a ghost train when the loco enters the bridge. If I try to set up the bridge block TT01 as a crossing block the loco never stops and runs right off the bridge.

So I have reached the conclusion that every move in the turntable area in Rocrail needs to be a 2 step procedure, which is fine. However, where I think I am missing a step is not being able to move a loco from a roundhouse stall to either the coaling stations, water stations or another roundhouse stall without the 180 degree turns and the loco entering those locations in the wrong direction.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#12 Posted : 28 March 2022 12:37:58(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter

There absolutely no reason in Rocrail you cannot do a shed to shed movement. So it is a configuration issue.
On one side you must configure all the used track positions in the TT properties /rails in a 48 position method

On the other hand you must configure all routes accessing the TT in BOTH directions and include a "sensor" to block either the access to the + or - side of the TT. This means having TWO routes between the TT and each access track.

Then dragging the loco using the pointer or using itineraries work.

Note: attention the detectors on access tracks must be AT LEAST one loco length from the TT. Otherwise there is a risk of having a GHOST train when leaving the TT: the loco is detected when reaching the access track sensor clears its location on the TT but if some axles are still on the TT there is a ghost train

Cheers
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#13 Posted : 28 March 2022 15:33:52(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Thanks Jean.

I realize it is a configuration issue, I just cannot isolate what it is. When I go through your points, I have most of that. Point by point:

"On one side you must configure all the used track positions in the TT properties /rails in a 48 position method"

As previously stated I only have the 11 used positions entering the turntable configured. I can redo that to all 48 positions to see if that has an effect.

On the other hand you must configure all routes accessing the TT in BOTH directions and include a "sensor" to block either the access to the + or - side of the TT.

I have that.

This means having TWO routes between the TT and each access track.

I have that.

Note: attention the detectors on access tracks must be AT LEAST one loco length from the TT. Otherwise there is a risk of having a GHOST train when leaving the TT: the loco is detected when reaching the access track sensor clears its location on the TT but if some axles are still on the TT there is a ghost train

Not an issue.
Offline PMPeter  
#14 Posted : 28 March 2022 18:16:45(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I suspect what I am trying to do cannot be done in Rocrail with only one bridge sensor. While the Rocrail WIKI can sometimes be confusing, it seems to be consistent with statements that in order to run the turntable in Auto you must divide the bridge into 2 zones each having its own sensor. This leads to cutting the rail and coming up with a method of how to transmit the information from the 2 zones over a single wire, which was a topic of another thread a few years ago. So that seems a little bit more than I want to tackle and I guess I will have to stick with my automatic mode for a normal entrance or exit from the turntable area and manual mode if I want to go from one spoke track to another.

Peter
Offline French_Fabrice  
#15 Posted : 28 March 2022 18:52:15(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hello Peter,

Just a question: How is managed your TT bridge block ? Is it managed as an embedded block or do you manage it manually ? see https://wiki.rocrail.net....php?id=turntable-gen-en

In the past, I've managed it manually and never had an issue as you report, even with one sensor on the bridge (enter2in)

In the rocrail doc, it is stated that if you use a single sensor for the bridge, then the loco event timer will be used to trigger the virtual in event.

Right now, I've not yet experienced the new mode (managed+embedded), because I'm changing the TT with a Fleischmann one...

Cheers
Fabrice
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by French_Fabrice
Offline PMPeter  
#16 Posted : 28 March 2022 20:14:26(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Hi Fabrice,

I manage it manually.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#17 Posted : 28 March 2022 22:31:14(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter, Fabrice
My TT is managed in automatic mode with 48 track exits, the Block on the TT is declared externally (I have no experience declaring it internally)
The set-up works in full automatic, in manual and in simulation.

I have one remaining observation: on my TT with 3 sensors, of course the loco direction is totally controlled by Rocrail (it decides how to leave it from the + or - side providing a loco direction change when appropriate. And - this is my main point here- I don't see why it shouldn't be the same when using only one sensor on the TT. This means that if the loco enters on the wrong side of the TT, Rocrail won't notice it BECAUSE YOU HAVE ONLY 1 TT SENSOR (as opposed to my case where entering the TT on the wrong side will cause a Ghost Train immediately) but when leaving the TT, the loco will land on the wrong track from Rocrail perspective.

Also on your diagram I see 11 access tracks meaning that the table must contain up to 22 lines (decoder values). I say up to because some tracks may be opposite to another track (in this case for each occurrence you substract 2 from the 22 total)
Just trying to help
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#18 Posted : 29 March 2022 00:25:42(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Hi Jean,

Your last paragraph is probably the key where I am going wrong. I don't have that many. I will reprogram the decoder tomorrow until I have 20 because 2 are opposite each other.

I also found out what was causing the ghost trains. Under Turntable properties I clicked the Manage Track Blocks in order to get a generation of routes to see if I missed any. What I did not notice is that selecting that option automatically sets up the Embedded Block option. Once I deselected both of those options, the Ghost Train problem went away.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#19 Posted : 29 March 2022 12:12:45(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter

I am glad if you get near a solution. In all honesty, it took me a while to solve all issues.
I thought I read somewhere in WiKi that Rocrail does not generate routes going to / from the turntable. I generated all mine manually. No big deal
Enjoy your TT
Cheers
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#20 Posted : 29 March 2022 15:37:41(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Hi Jean,

The Manage Track Plans option under Turntable Properties recalculates all the routes entering and leaving the turntable each time Rocrail is started. It does not save them when you shutdown. However, once they are generated they can be edited by removing the "Generated by" description and unchecking the Automatic generated selection. It is an easy way to find out if you missed a route possibility, and I had. However, it also has some quirks, since in my case it also generated routes between the TT and a block that is no where near the TT. Not sure why and I will submit an Issue to the Rocrail forum to see what is causing that. The other issue as previously stated is the activation of the Embedded block which took me a while to figure out.

Before I reprogram my decoder, I figured I might as well do it for all 48 tracks. As per the LDT TT instructions this must be done over CS2 keyboard pages 14 and 15, which I have set up. However, when programming the decoder with the step Inputs for each track, what happens after I input step 24 on page 14? Do I have to switch to page 15 and continue inputting from there or do I stay on page 14 and continue inputting to step 48 and the CS2 figures it out automatically? Also in Rocrail do I need to add the page 15 group address somewhere?

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#21 Posted : 29 March 2022 16:32:16(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
Thanks for the explanations on route creations around the TT.

Before I reprogram my decoder, I figured I might as well do it for all 48 tracks. As per the LDT TT instructions this must be done over CS2 keyboard pages 14 and 15, which I have set up. However, when programming the decoder with the step Inputs for each track, what happens after I input step 24 on page 14? Do I have to switch to page 15 and continue inputting from there or do I stay on page 14 and continue inputting to step 48 and the CS2 figures it out automatically? Also in Rocrail do I need to add the page 15 group address somewhere?

I cannot answer your question as it rests uniquely with LDT (which I am not using). Definitely the CS2 does not care and simply transfers orders to the LDT decoder.
I will check LDT manual if I can find one.

Note: in my case, because the number of addressing track was limited to 24 (see below the DigitalBahn configuration tool), I had to use the RS232 direct link between the decoder and my PC
GleisDefinition V55-28-04-19 mit text.png
Cheers
Jean

Offline JohnjeanB  
#22 Posted : 29 March 2022 17:03:07(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi again
Looking at the LDT users manual (see below) especially at page 13, it seems that the table shows to to direct the bridge to track 1 (229 Red) all the way to track 24 (240 green). This is a 24 position control by my book. I may be missing something here (a combination with the 180° command perhaps?)
https://www.ldt-infocenter.com/d...ungen/ttdec_06_13_en.pdf

So I doubt that (if you select the 225 base address) going past the 240 address would help.

Cheers
Jean

PS I also checked the German version but it is not any clearer.
Offline PMPeter  
#23 Posted : 29 March 2022 17:15:53(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I am referring to page 7 Section 4.1 of the LDT instructions where it discusses the keyboard pages 14 and 15 , the associated addresses and the 48 step turntable.

Peter
Offline PMPeter  
#24 Posted : 29 March 2022 20:54:43(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
No joy.

I tried to program the LDT decoder from the CS2 for 48 positions starting on Keyboard page 14. Once I got to 24 Inputs the turntable rotated back to the reference position and I could not add any more positions. So I reverted back to only 24 and I successfully now have 20 decoder steps. I modified the Rocrail Turntable Tracks table for this configuration, but it made no difference to the operation from what I had before. It doesn't matter whether I got to for example Decoder position 2 or the opposing Decoder position 12, the turntable goes to the same spot with the house in the same location.

So perhaps I can ask a different question. In your setup do you have a command structure that lets you go from one spoke track to another without having to go through 2 separate commands, i.e. spoke track 1 to TT bridge followed by a second command TT bridge to spoke track 2?

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#25 Posted : 29 March 2022 22:42:33(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
So perhaps I can ask a different question. In your setup do you have a command structure that lets you go from one spoke track to another without having to go through 2 separate commands, i.e. spoke track 1 to TT bridge followed by a second command TT bridge to spoke track 2?

Yes, because my TT decoder understands the 48 positions, only one command is to rotate to any of the 48 position. There is an optimisation in the rotation to select automatically the good direction to arrive faster to destination

Example: to go from shed track 202 to the DS1 (TT) there are 2 routes:
- one is to go to DS1 on + side [202-]-[DS1+] and the decoder code is 26
- one is to go to DS1 on - side [202-]-[DS1-] and the decoder code is 2

Note of course reverse routes are the same [DS1+]-[202-] and [DS1-]-[202-] with the same decoder codes (resp. 26 and 2).

Now what to do in your case?
I would try a second command in the command of the route
- the first to drive the TT to track 1 to 24
- the second to order a 180° turn if needed. This may be made by creating a fictitious switch with the address 225 + x (the address to order a 180° turn, sorry I don't have the LDT user's manual handy)
It would be a little more complicated to optimize the rotation but it may be do-able
Cheers
Jean

Offline PMPeter  
#26 Posted : 31 March 2022 19:41:55(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I guess I have made some progress. I have discovered that it makes no difference to the operation whether I have 10 decoder steps with the appropriate opposite track information added in the Turntable Track table or 20 decoder steps defined in the Track table.

I can also exit the spur tracks to either the positive or negative side of the bridge. So that is progress. However, what puzzles me is what triggers the locomotive reverse on the TT bridge. If I enter the TT from my entrance track TT Etr to the positive side of the bridge, the locomotive reverses as it should. If I enter the TT on the positive side from any of the other spur tracks the locomotive does not reverse and tries to exit in the wrong direction. The settings are the same for all 11 spur tracks, so why does it reverse only on one route?

Manual operation in the TT area is looking less time consuming considering all of the thrashing around I have done with this.Bored Blink Confused

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#27 Posted : 31 March 2022 22:49:59(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
I am not sure I can answer directly your question.
Here is what happens on my layout.
Suppose a loco leaves track 1, forwards and enters the TT from the PLUS side
Then (remember I have 2 routes for accessing and leaving the TT):
- if the next route on the schedule is to go to ANY TRACK from the PLUS side of the TT, the loco will reverse and go backwards
- if conversely the next route on the schedule is to go to ANY TRACK from the MINUS side of the TT, the loco will go forwards to the selected track

Notes: I am in 3 rails so I have no concern with polarity change (it may be different for you I don't know)
As explained, of the 2 parallel routes to go from the TT to track n, only the decoder code will change so that there is a 180° difference (e.g. Track 2 or Track 26) and only one route is validated by its sensor, the other one is locked by its opposite number (e.g. Access Plus resp. Access Minus)
Of couse this is also true for the 2 parallel routes from track n going to the TT

Cheers
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#28 Posted : 01 April 2022 15:55:42(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Well I feel better that I am not losing my mind. I have a response from the Rocrail forum that what I am trying to do cannot be done without additional programming. In essence Rocrail will try and control to the standard setup of bridge entry/exit. If you try to enter the bridge from the opposite side, the problems I am having will be encountered. What needs to be done is Actions need to be written in order to disable the other Route. Unfortunately this work around process is only available in German. I will need to work through those instructions and see if I can get it to work. On a development front, the person that responded to my Issue said he is working on a permanent solution.

So Jean it appears that you are lucky to not have these problems with your specialty decoder setup.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#29 Posted : 01 April 2022 16:57:52(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Peter
I am not lucky. I am the one to tell them (the German Rocrail forum and Robert Versluis thanked me for the finding) how to deal with what I try to explain to you for many posts. Just read.
Cheers
Jean
Offline PMPeter  
#30 Posted : 01 April 2022 17:10:57(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
No disrespect Jean, and I appreciate how you have been trying to help. Trust me I have read and reread what you have said, but in a lot of cases it just does not apply to my setup with the CS2 and LDT TT decoder. I have to accept that what Rocrail forum tells me, that it is not doable without additional programming.

Cheers
Peter
Offline PMPeter  
#31 Posted : 04 April 2022 21:49:47(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
All problems solved!BigGrin BigGrin

After more than a week of thrashing around with this, all the issues have now been resolved and the TT works the way I want it to using Rocrail in Auto. Key things I have learned:

1. When setting up the TT in Rocrail all blocks need to be created with the -ve side of the block pointing to the TT as explained in the WIKI.

2. Rocrail by default will always select entry and exit of the loco to/from the +ve side of the bridge block (the house side of the bridge).

3. To set up the LDT TT decoder you only need to program the decoder steps for the house side of the bridge connection to a spur track. These decoder tracks are then setup in the Rocrail turntable track table with the opposite side identified by either a plus or minus 24 track positions depending on the location. This is where I went wrong by trying to define a decoder step for each of the + and - connections to the bridge. In my case of 11 connections, I only needed 10 decoder positions.

4. The TT option of selecting Manage Track Blocks under TT Properties generates a complete set of possible routes to and from the TT each time Rocrail is started. However, it does not save them unless you go into each desired Route and uncheck the Automatic generated option. However, using Manage Track Blocks also selects the Embedded Block option. Both of these options need to be turned off in order not to get the Ghost Train each time the loco enters the bridge from any direction. Very important since this is what caused me to create this thread in the first place since I could not understand why every move created a Ghost Train.

5. The routes created are identified as either "TT Manager: To bridge" which identifies a route entering the +ve side of the bridge or "TT Manager: To bridge reverse" which identifies a route entering the negative side of the bridge. To start with I only selected all of the "TT Manager: To bridge" for saving and discarded all of the rest. This gave me 90% of the operation that I wanted. I could enter the TT area and back into any of my spur tracks. Exiting any spur track on the +ve side of the bridge allowed me to back into any other spur track since the loco will always reverse in this configuration once it is on the bridge. However, I could not exit the TT area in a forward direction. Therefore, this necessitated that I needed to select one of the "TT Manager: To bridge reverse" routes. This is where it becomes a little more tricky because you need to be able to select which route to activate because of the default condition of item 2.

6. There is a Rocrail WIKI only in German that explains the procedure to accomplish the route selection to enter/exit the -ve bridge side. You need to generate a toggle switch that Inhibits or maintains the default +ve Rocrail function of item 2. For this switch you need 2 Actions to be defined for On and Off. This toggle switch then gets entered in the +ve TT route as an output in the Sensor tab. If the toggle switch is Off, the default +ve TT route is selected. If it is On, the default route gets turned off and the -ve TT route is selected which then turns the TT 180 degrees, does not change loco direction and allows the locomotive to leave the bridge in a forward direction. This Inhibit output can be placed in any of the +ve route sensor tabs.

While this was quite the exercise, I learned a lot mainly because item 2 was never clearly stated in the documents that I looked at.

Many thanks to Jean, Fabrice and Gerd on the Rocrail forum that helped me with this endeavour.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter