Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bogenschütze  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2022 15:56:08(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
Hi Everyone

I joined the Insider Club last May and have just received the order form for the Annual Car with Insider News 1/2022. As a newbie I'm struggling to understand what I have to do to order it.

I live in the UK and I believe we do not currently have any Märklin dealers here and therefore I can't give my completed form to an MHI dealer locally. Should I post the completed order form to a dealer in Germany and if so will I be contacted to pay the shipping costs when the item is available?

I have always used MSL (Lippe) for all my orders in the past but I note on Märklin's website that MSL don't appear to be a MHI dealer. Bigdaddynz in New Zealand recently mentioned in another post that he uses Lokshop for his Insider orders and I see that they are a MHI dealer.

I should be grateful if any Forum members experienced in this could advise me if posting the order form to a MHI dealer in Germany is the best way of obtaining the Annual Car.

Many thanks in advance,

Keith
Marklin - "The train set I never had as a child."
Keith Bowman
Offline rmsailor  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2022 16:52:35(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Bogenschütze Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone

I joined the Insider Club last May and have just received the order form for the Annual Car with Insider News 1/2022. As a newbie I'm struggling to understand what I have to do to order it.

I live in the UK and I believe we do not currently have any Märklin dealers here and therefore I can't give my completed form to an MHI dealer locally. Should I post the completed order form to a dealer in Germany and if so will I be contacted to pay the shipping costs when the item is available?

I have always used MSL (Lippe) for all my orders in the past but I note on Märklin's website that MSL don't appear to be a MHI dealer. Bigdaddynz in New Zealand recently mentioned in another post that he uses Lokshop for his Insider orders and I see that they are a MHI dealer.

I should be grateful if any Forum members experienced in this could advise me if posting the order form to a MHI dealer in Germany is the best way of obtaining the Annual Car.

Many thanks in advance,

Keith

Gaugemaster will get it for you though you might find there is quite a delay in it arriving. However it might save you from any "Brexit"problems with imports. Having said that I have had a relatively small order from Germany arrive without any problems after the beginning of January.

Bob M.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rmsailor
Offline Bogenschütze  
#3 Posted : 25 February 2022 17:23:53(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
That's really helpful Bob.

Gaugemaster is literally 10 minutes down the road from me. I'll see what they say.

Keith
Keith Bowman
Offline Mman  
#4 Posted : 26 February 2022 09:24:09(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Gaugemaster at Ford railway station is certainly a dealer who will process any of the forms for the Insider club.
My annual wagons and catalogues come via them as do any insider models that I may order.
At one time they were the official importers of Märklin products into the UK until it was switched to a Milton Keynes based firm who didn’t do very well at it which made us appreciate how relatively well GM had handled it -despite moaning about them at the time. The saying ‘better the devil you know’ applied.
Now they are back to importing Märklin themselves albeit at higher prices than can be got from continental dealers but obviating any Brexit problems. They do have significant reductions on some items from time to time - look at their website.
I generally have always tried to support ‘bricks and mortar’ shops in this country as a first option, if they haven’t got what I want then I look further afield.
Their shop ‘The Engine Shed’ is worth a visit anyway, especially during their once every two years Continental weekends. Covid permitting.
ChrisG
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mman
Offline Bogenschütze  
#5 Posted : 26 February 2022 17:55:29(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
Many thanks Bob and Chris for responding to my question and the recommendation of Gaugemaster. I drove over to their shop this afternoon and they were very happy to accept my Insider Annual Car application form and process it. BigGrin
Keith Bowman
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 26 February 2022 20:47:00(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Bigdaddynz in New Zealand recently mentioned in another post that he uses Lokshop for his Insider orders and I see that they are a MHI dealer.

In fact I placed my order for the Insider Car with Lokshop on Friday night.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 26 February 2022 22:43:34(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Lokshop automatically process all the Insider benefits for me, car and programme.
They are later placed in the next parcel sent to me.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 27 February 2022 05:52:14(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yes, Roland keeps details of everyone's Insider Club Membership number. Rather than sending forms halfway around the world subjecting them to the vagaries of the postal system, just tell Roland which Insider items you want and he will do the rest.

Service at it's best!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bogenschütze  
#9 Posted : 08 November 2022 12:48:23(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
I was wondering if there is any news on delivery of the 2022 HO annual car.

I joined the Insider Club last year and this year was my first opportunity to order the annual car. I handed in a completed order form in February to my local dealer in the UK, Gaugemaster and a few days later received an acknowledgement by email from Märklin. I had read in Insider News that delivery was expected from the third quarter of 2022. It's now well into the fourth quarter and nothing. I also haven't seen any posts here on the Forum from anyone showing what's just arrived on their doorstep nor anyone mentioning anything about it. Have I missed something?
Keith Bowman
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 08 November 2022 13:52:18(UTC)
H0

I'm an Outsider and haven't ordered, but saw several photos of the H0 annual car on Facebook.
Shipping has started, but it often takes months until all units are shipped.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Patrik  
#11 Posted : 08 November 2022 16:18:22(UTC)
Patrik

Sweden   
I was wondering if there is any news on delivery of the 2022 HO annual car.
I also haven't seen any posts here on the Forum from anyone showing what's just arrived on their doorstep nor anyone mentioning anything about it.

Received mine last week, so it should be incoming to your dealer shortly.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Patrik
Offline xxup  
#12 Posted : 08 November 2022 22:53:16(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
I'm an Outsider and haven't ordered, but saw several photos of the H0 annual car on Facebook.

That's weird. I picked mine up on Saturday along with the Christmas wagon. They must have started shipping months ago for it to have arrived in Australia Confused
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline kiwiAlan  
#13 Posted : 09 November 2022 01:00:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post

That's weird. I picked mine up on Saturday along with the Christmas wagon. They must have started shipping months ago for it to have arrived in Australia Confused

I know mine has been at Lokshop for a fair while. I don't expect my package to be shipped until closer to Christmas (by which time it should have accumulated a few more items like an E71 and wagonset BigGrin ).
Offline Bogenschütze  
#14 Posted : 09 November 2022 10:57:56(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
An update. I just rang my UK dealer, Gaugemaster, who informed me that there was an issue over the customs codes used by Märklin on the last shipment which meant it was stuck in Customs. This has now been sorted and the shipment should be released to the retailer in the next few days. Hopefully, I will receive the new addition to my fleet before Christmas! 🤞

Many thanks to everyone for your advice. As an Insider Club newbie it was reassuring.

Edited by user 10 November 2022 18:01:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Keith Bowman
Offline Bogenschütze  
#15 Posted : 19 January 2023 21:06:37(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
An update. I just rang my UK dealer, Gaugemaster, who informed me that there was an issue over the customs codes used by Märklin on the last shipment which meant it was stuck in Customs. This has now been sorted and the shipment should be released to the retailer in the next few days. Hopefully, I will receive the new addition to my fleet before Christmas! 🤞

Received notification from my dealer a few days ago that my Insider Annual Car had finally arrived! I drove over to the Gaugemaster store this afternoon and collected it in person. Was beginning to give up all hope as it seemed that everyone else had received theirs back in November and here we are towards the end of January!

This is my first Annual Car and I am very pleased with it especially with the included Preiser figure. I guess I'll be back at Gaugemaster's next month handing in my 2023 order.

2023-01-19 18-40-54 (B,R8,S4).jpg

Keith Bowman
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Bogenschütze
Offline Mman  
#16 Posted : 19 January 2023 21:24:34(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
Same here, they (GM) also said my H0 Christmas wagon was held up for the same reason. Sam in the office was very helpful and located both in their warehouse.
Then, last Saturday both turned up, one by Royal Mail and the other by UPS who did their usual of abandoning the box on the doorstep without bothering to ring the bell. It was when I answered the door to the Royal Mail that I found it.
ChrisG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mman
Offline AshleyH  
#17 Posted : 26 January 2023 20:10:51(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
May I ask any UK Insider Club members how you are managing to pay your annual fee to Marklin?
My membership has been on hold for more than a year now because their website cannot process any of my debit or credit cards, they fail 3D Authentication, whatever that means, I phoned them a few times and then frankly gave up.

I was a member for over 20 years until Brexit, it has sadly led to me losing interest in Marklin, I haven’t bought any models since 2021 now. I quite miss it to be honest, I have a large collection, so just used to buy the 2 Insider models each year in recent times.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by AshleyH
Offline Mman  
#18 Posted : 26 January 2023 20:29:42(UTC)
Mman

United Kingdom   
I too had a lot of trouble with paying in recent years, luckily I had retained a Visa credit card which has worked for the last two years and hopefully will work this year.
All much simpler when Gaugemaster administered it for UK.
ChrisG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mman
Offline Bogenschütze  
#19 Posted : 26 January 2023 22:55:23(UTC)
Bogenschütze

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post
May I ask any UK Insider Club members how you are managing to pay your annual fee to Marklin?

I'm in my second year of Insider Club membership. In the first year my bank, Santander, kept declining Märklin's request to take payment on my Mastercard suspecting it to be fraudulent. I emailed Märklin Insider Club for advice and after three months they eventually responded suggesting a bank transfer as a workround. This worked and a few weeks later I received a bumper mailing of three Magazines and Club News. The second year, just before my subscription was due, I changed my credit card details to another Mastercard from which payment was successfully taken with no fuss.

I agree that it depends on your bank's authentication system for recurring transactions. Santander's system is incompatible with Märklin's which is annoying as Santander does not not charge a foreign currency commission and also gives a good exchange rate of EUR to GBP.

Edited by user 27 January 2023 11:33:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Keith Bowman