Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline applor  
#1 Posted : 27 December 2021 05:05:47(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi all,

Just need some advice on what to change here.

I received a new Brawa locomotive for Xmas with D&H decoder which supports DCC and motorola. Put it on programming track, tested with DCC on CS2 with default address 3, all good.

So I edit CV values and change CV 1 to change the address to 36 and write. Locomotive no longer responds to commands on DCC address 36 but it is responding to MM on 36.

I tried disabling MM by setting CV 12 to 0, that only stops it from responding to MM and did nothing to resolve the DCC problem. Manual doesn't list any other CV's relevant to enable/disable protocols.

I can enter CV config for DCC address 36 and make changes and if I ask CS2 to retrieve address, it retrieves 36.

So I can read/write to the decoder but the problem is I just don't know what I should be changing for it to recognize DCC function commands.

Thanks.

Edited by user 29 December 2021 01:12:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 27 December 2021 05:57:45(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I have experienced (and also read in various forums) that there can be conflicts between Märklin-Motorola and DCC in some multi-protocol decoders, mostly older units. Since Märklin-Motorola reaches maximum address 255, I always choose DCC and an address > 255 on these locomotives.

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 28 December 2021 05:10:58(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Thanks yes it will be worth a try since I have no other options at this stage, even if it is not the address I want.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 28 December 2021 13:09:14(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
When I have a bizarre functioning on a loco decoder I always start doing a decoder reset CV8=8 and many times it helped.

Also sadly some decoders have a reputation of losing the address. One example is the Märklin Turmtriebwagen 39970. It has one MFX decoder for motor and sound and one FX decoder for the platform operation and the latter forgets its address.
Cheers
Jean
Offline applor  
#5 Posted : 29 December 2021 01:10:15(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I have managed to resolve the problem.

First I did a factory reset which restored its response on address 3 with DCC.

In the CV programming mode I then used the 'programming of register' option on the CS2 instead of what I have always used, the default 'programming on track'.

After changing CV1 to 36 using that method, it still responded to DCC on the new address.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 29 December 2021 10:29:43(UTC)
H0

When changing the address of DCC locos, I never change CV 1 directly. Instead I use the controller feature to change the address and let the controller handle the four CVs that define the address.
Doing so may have avoided this issue from showing up.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline mario54i  
#7 Posted : 29 December 2021 11:41:27(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
In my knowledge, you cannot change the address in "programming on the track" mode. Any other CV but not the address.