Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1 Posted : 18 December 2021 11:32:10(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I travelled to Germany and Denmark in 2018 to visit my 2 adult daughters.
In my travels I passed through Bonn, where the train was held up in the inner suburbs for about half an hour.
In that time it moved a short distance about 3 times.
This gave me an opportunity to admire the suburban street-scapes, and the architecture of the houses and buildings.

One building (picture here), encouraged me to build a model of a hotel for my layout.
The model would have to be a lot smaller but have some of the style of this fine example.

UserPostedImage

When I returned home I found that Kibri had indeed a range of kits based on buildings from Bonn.
The kits numbering 39100, 39101, 39102, 39103 seemed ideal for my needs.
I discounted the 39100 (the kit with the most flamboyant styling) because it would be too large on my layout.
39102 was offered to me at a good price, so although a plain style I knew it could be modified slightly.

Kibri 39102 kit

Unlike the Kibri 38387 kit which I reviewed recently (see Kibri 38387 kit review) this kit is made in the old way requiring glue and more self-assembly. The 38387 kit took only 3 hours, this one was more like 9 hours.

I am very happy with the result of my labour. I built it exactly as shown in the Kibri instructions except to modify the pathway to the front door with a fence either side.
I finished the hotel theme with the addition of a hotel sign hanging at one corner, and a rain cover over the pathway.
The canvas cover in red/white striping is taken from a gift card. It is not easy to find striped paper or cardboard.
The posts at front were a Grandt Line accessory.

UserPostedImage

I really don't have room for this hotel on my layout yet, but one day I will find a way.
(Footnote: the wall colouring in my picture is not correct, it looks more like the official Viessmann picture shown above).

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 18 December 2021 19:49:42(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
nice work, looks great!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mmervine