Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Carim  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2021 18:16:08(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
As my layout has become permanent, I don't cover it up and so there has been a bit of a build-up of dust. Up till now I have been using a small paint brush and a "eufy" vacuum cleaner to keep it under control. However, a magazine article drew my attention to a product called "Cyber Clean" (Busch 1690) . It is a sort of yellow gel and you break a bit off the pack and then dab that on & off your model and it removes any dust. The advantage is that it removes the dust rather than redistribute it as the brush/vac method sometimes does.

I just tried a small blob (about 2cm) on the old part of the layout. It really seemed to restore the dark colours of road and buildings. However, on lighter buildings where the dust had stuck, it was not so good. I had to first agitate the dust with a damp cotton bud and then the "Cyber Clean" picked up the damp clumps of dust. I also tried it out on trees and grass - I did not notice much difference, the odd loose leaf got picked up but there did not seem to be much dust. When the entire blob got completely covered in dirt, I just threw it in the dustbin. Overall, not bad.

Cyber Clean_Busch 1690.jpg

Carim
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Carim
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 15 December 2021 18:31:36(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
This may be easier than the mini-vac dusting brush for some items. I have over 300 vehicles with tiny crevaces. Also shampooing the figures, don't forget their showers too.