Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joakim_B  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2021 23:11:13(UTC)
Joakim_B

Denmark   
Hi Forum
I wonder if anyone of you have experiences with strange behaviours with the CS3 and CS3+ when an event or other stuf plays sounds?
Sometimes no sound is played and sometimes only on the master CS3 and not on CS3+.
Further I don't know how if sounds can be played on specific CS3's and how to do so?
(I have also tried all combinations of internal and external loudspeakers and none).
Looking forward if some of you have some tips.Cool
Br
Joakim
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2021 14:26:05(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Joakim
I have a CS3 (60226) and use sounds (stored on a memory card inserted in the CS3) and all works perfect.
I have no experience between the master CS3 and the Slave CS3.
My advice is to check the event conditions associated to the Sound playing. Does it work in manual mode all the time?
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Tie  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2021 19:24:24(UTC)
Tie

Norway   
Maybe I am way out… but, In my events I need the events to go forward to next «command» before a sound is completed. For instance to wait for a contact track to be triggered so that the train does not pass the contact track before th event is waiting for it….
To omit this I put all sounds in its own event. In main event I just insert the icon for the event with the sound.. and set this icon to immediately go to next command/icon. Cs3 will then proceed with main event while processing the sound event in parallell with all sound.
Regards
Thor Inge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tie
Offline Joakim_B  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2021 15:32:44(UTC)
Joakim_B

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joakim
I have a CS3 (60226) and use sounds (stored on a memory card inserted in the CS3) and all works perfect.
I have no experience between the master CS3 and the Slave CS3.
My advice is to check the event conditions associated to the Sound playing. Does it work in manual mode all the time?
Cheers
Jean

Hi Jean
For the time being there is no sound at all. Not in manual mode and not when I drive trains in mfx+ mode (the Sifa warning fx). So something very strange has happened! I'll normally would say this is a HW fault, but as both CS3 and CS3+ has no sound I guess it's a SW bug or a setting that is wrong.
I have also rebooted and updated SW and no effect Crying
Cheers
Joakim

Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 14 December 2021 13:44:16(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Joakim
There are high chances that you have no problem with hardware or with Märklin firmware.
It is rather likely a configuration issue
One test you can do is fist to check if you can hear your sound file on your CS3
- select EVENTS
- select EDIT
- create a new event
- select ADD

You have a screen like this (note: in my case this is a CS3 60226 and here the Link88 is not connected so the red-background DELAYED)
cs3_screenshot_2021_12_14_12_28_06.png

Then by pushing SOUND FILES you have a screen like this
cs3_screenshot_2021_12_14_12_34_10.png

Then, by selecting a sound (either on the CS3 or on an external memory (in my case an SD memory plugged into the CS3) then you can hear the sound directly on the internal loudspeaker. Of course, make sure the AUDIO volume is not set to 0 and that the Audio Playback source INTERNAL is checked
cs3_screenshot_2021_12_14_12_41_17.png
You may reach the screen by selecting
- System settings
- Setting CS3

I hope this helps
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Joakim_B  
#6 Posted : 15 December 2021 17:46:45(UTC)
Joakim_B

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joakim
There are high chances that you have no problem with hardware or with Märklin firmware.
It is rather likely a configuration issue
One test you can do is fist to check if you can hear your sound file on your CS3
- select EVENTS
- select EDIT
- create a new event
- select ADD

You have a screen like this (note: in my case this is a CS3 60226 and here the Link88 is not connected so the red-background DELAYED)

Then by pushing SOUND FILES you have a screen like this

Then, by selecting a sound (either on the CS3 or on an external memory (in my case an SD memory plugged into the CS3) then you can hear the sound directly on the internal loudspeaker. Of course, make sure the AUDIO volume is not set to 0 and that the Audio Playback source INTERNAL is checked
You may reach the screen by selecting
- System settings
- Setting CS3

I hope this helps
Jean

Hi Jean
Thank you for spending your time on thisBigGrin
Yes I'm very aware on how to manage the sound in CS3, and the system had sounds I guess in October. I can further add that when I manually activates sounds (just like you illustrate above) the reed curser just moves fast over the sound containers and no sound is played. For the time being this is a permanent situation, so for now I believe it's a fault in my system or it's a strange bug from Märklin in the latest SW update.

Have i nice pre-X-mas
Joakim