Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Werner R  
#1 Posted : 24 November 2021 22:05:10(UTC)
Werner R

United States   
After a seemingly successful update ( Message :" Das update ist abgeschlossen" - the update is finished) the CS boots up and stops with the stop-bar lit in red.
No reboot will change status. Plus the message :"Es ist kein Gleisformatprozessor verfuegbar. Sie koennen keine Loks fahren und Magnetartikel schalten." (no track-format-processor available. You cannot run locs and control (or switch) turnouts etc.)

Is there a way to reset the control?

Thanks

Werner R
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Werner R
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 November 2021 22:52:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Werner R Go to Quoted Post
After a seemingly successful update ( Message :" Das update ist abgeschlossen" - the update is finished) the CS boots up and stops with the stop-bar lit in red.
No reboot will change status. Plus the message :"Es ist kein Gleisformatprozessor verfuegbar. Sie koennen keine Loks fahren und Magnetartikel schalten." (no track-format-processor available. You cannot run locs and control (or switch) turnouts etc.)

Thanks

Werner R

Did you leave the USB stick connected when you did the reboot, or leave it connected to the Internet (whichever way you did the update)? The update of the GFP is a seperate update after the cs2 reboots. It sounds like the GFP hasn't updated.

Depending how old your cs2 is it may need to do at least two updates to get to the current update level as well. I don't know what the compatability is between the various cs2 software releases and the GFP releases are, but i could see the possibility of a required update for the GFP. Typically each update will require a reboot of the cs2 before proceeding with the next update, i don't think any of the updates will automatically do a reboot.

Offline Werner R  
#3 Posted : 25 November 2021 19:57:50(UTC)
Werner R

United States   
No satisfactory result; did what you suggested, i.e. left the Network cable attached, rebooted - same result, i.e. no GFP
Checked the last update window - GFP is present
Reset to an earlier version (Reset_Maerklin.tgz), run update (network) again, rebooted (without GFP Message) -> removed Ethernet cable -> restarted CS2, back to square one =>no gfp

Is there a way to reset the entire unit to its original state ? Even if I have to do all the updates again, it seems to be better than spending USD 1,000 + on a new CS3

thanks

Werner
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Werner R
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 25 November 2021 22:50:14(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Wondereful Pittsburgh! I was born there. My dad was from Plum (Renton) where we lived until 1966, and my mom from Midland near Beaver.
Offline Werner R  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2021 23:00:25(UTC)
Werner R

United States   
Update:
After several more update tries, one finally did the trick: CS2 seems stable for the last 3 days
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Werner R
Offline Thewolf  
#6 Posted : 30 November 2021 22:48:22(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi everyone Cool

Is there a new update for the cs2 lately?

Thank you

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline kfelsche  
#7 Posted : 22 November 2023 02:09:01(UTC)
kfelsche

Australia   
Hi - did you ever find a cure for this problem? My CS 2 just developed a similar issue. I have tried resets, updates etc and nothing changes. I have hardware version 4.33 and software version 4.3.0 (11).

I was not updating the software but had installed a new mfx point. That seemed to go OK (passed initial tests).

I had also installed RailControl Pro on my iPad and it seemed to work quite well (in a 5 minute test run).

If there is a fix, it would be great to know.

Many thanks.

Klaus

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

Werner R

Did you leave the USB stick connected when you did the reboot, or leave it connected to the Internet (whichever way you did the update)? The update of the GFP is a seperate update after the cs2 reboots. It sounds like the GFP hasn't updated.

Depending how old your cs2 is it may need to do at least two updates to get to the current update level as well. I don't know what the compatability is between the various cs2 software releases and the GFP releases are, but i could see the possibility of a required update for the GFP. Typically each update will require a reboot of the cs2 before proceeding with the next update, i don't think any of the updates will automatically do a reboot.

Thanks

Werner R
Offline JohnjeanB  
#8 Posted : 22 November 2023 17:55:27(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Klaus
Originally Posted by: kfelsche Go to Quoted Post
Hi - did you ever find a cure for this problem? My CS 2 just developed a similar issue. I have tried resets, updates etc and nothing changes. I have hardware version 4.33 and software version 4.3.0 (11).

I was not updating the software but had installed a new mfx point. That seemed to go OK (passed initial tests).

I had also installed RailControl Pro on my iPad and it seemed to work quite well (in a 5 minute test run).

If there is a fix, it would be great to know.

Many thanks.

Klaus

I believe you have 2 actions to make
Reset you CS2 to how it was when delivered
1- make a back-up of your CS2 present status on a USB memory by going to "setup" tab (top), then select CS2 (bottom left), last select the USB check mark (top right) and last push the SAVE button, give it a name and confirm
2- restore by pushing the RESTORE button while INTERNAL is checked. Select to in-cs2 stored file named Reset_Maerklin.tgz

Now you have cleaned your CS2 but not changed yet the software

Update the CS2 with a USB memory
- use ANOTHER USB memory and format it.
- go to the Märklin Gertman website

Here are Märklin instructions

The current software version for the USB update is 4.2 (with GFP 3.81). The current software version for the USB update is 4.2 (with GFP 3.81). This Märklin info is false. The last revision is 4.3.0(11) and the last GFP (Gleisformatprocessor) is 3.85

To update the CS2 using a USB stick, please proceed as follows:
- Download the cs2update.img (128MB) and save it on a USB stick in the main directory.
- You will find the CS2 Update file (cs2update.img) at the top of the download area. After confirming the license agreement, you can download the file.
- Insert the USB stick with the Central Station ready for operation and then call the setup : CS2 : [Program update] or setup : CS2 : Update : [USB stick] function in the Central Station setup.
- The exact process of the USB update is explained in the document CS2_update_Info_ab_3_6.pdf (0.5MB).
- the USB update is as follows:
- Download the cs2update.img (128MB) and save it on the USB stick. You will find the CS2 Update file (cs2update.img) at the top of the download area. After confirming the license agreement, you can download the file.
- Insert the USB stick with the Central Station ready for operation and then call the setup : CS2 : [Program update] or setup : CS2 : Update : [USB stick] function in the Central Station setup.
- The exact process of the USB update is explained in the document CS2_update_Info_ab_3_6.pdf (0.5MB).

I just did it on my (already up-to-date) CS2
Here is how it went

How to see, which version of the GFP you have?
- select SETUP tab
- select INFO on the lower line
- Version shows the GFP number 3.85

I hope this helps
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB