Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ranjit  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2021 07:17:50(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All...

As I am planning to model the area between Neuffen (Baden-Württemberg) to Reichelsheim (Hesse) in Germany via Karlsruhe (Baden-Württemberg), a distance of approximately 195 Kms., I am wondering if anyone who is currently living in this area to share some photographs of the region. It would be interesting to have some of these features in my up and coming layout. I would like pictures of Karlsruhe's Hbf and surrounding areas; the castle (the Hohenneuffen) in Neuffen and the hill-top cottages and small villages behind the Neuffen station; pictures of Frickenhausen; the landscape from Neuffen to Karlsruhe and from Karlsruhe to Reichelsheim; the forest, the hiking trails, and of course, the 'Schloss Reichenberg' in Reichelsheim.

It brings back wonderful memories of the countless times I had travelled by train through this beautiful region in the 70s and 80s.

Take care and stay safe.

Cheers,
Ranjit

Edited by user 21 October 2021 18:46:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2021 10:17:16(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ranjit Go to Quoted Post
Hi All...

As I am planning to model the area between Neuffen (Baden-Württemberg) to Reichelsheim (Hesse) in Germany via Karlsruhe (Baden-Württemberg), a distance of approximately 195 Kms., I am wondering if anyone who is currently living in this area to share some photographs of the region............

Cheers,
Ranjit

Hi Ranjit,
The Odenwald (Hesse) is very picturesque.
My daughter lives there, and when I visited in 2018 I took only a few photographs.
They are very generic.

I suggest you Google (I use Bing) for images of that area.
When I search Reichelsheim (it is only 10km from my daughter) 50+ images are shown.
You can then get images for any other places you wish to represent too.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Ranjit  
#3 Posted : 21 October 2021 14:23:49(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi Kimball...

Thank you for your message.

I am so happy to note that your daughter is based in the Odenwald region. By the way, is she there on work ?

Yeah ! I am trying to collect as many specific pictures as needed from Google / Bing. Nothing like taking the pictures yourself. I am planning to visit some friends in Germany during the summer of 2022, and during this time, I intend to travel down the route that I am modelling and capture the scenic landscapes and record some of the details that I would like on my layout. I hope it works out.

I would love to take a look at some photographs of the Neuffen-Reichelsheim area taken during the period 1950 to 1990 - the Eras III & IV that I am modelling. May I request you to ask your daughter to look out for such photographs for me ? That would be really nice.

Take care and stay safe.

Cheerio !
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline Alsterstreek  
#4 Posted : 21 October 2021 20:02:54(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Not a 100% match, but you might enjoy this website:

https://doku-des-alltags...treckenundbahnhoefe.html

Click on cover image to open photo streams of railway lines and stations.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 22 October 2021 00:49:39(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hello Ranjit and Ak,

Yes my daughter lives and works there with husband and two teenagers - her husband grew up in the area.
Here is one photo I took in November 2018 of the Himbaechal viaduct which is still used - the highest railway viaduct in Hesse between Erbach and Eberbach.
It was built in 1881, single track.
It is about 20km as the crow flies eastward from Reichelsheim.

The demarcation between open farmed land and the timberline in the background is typical of the Odenwald in many parts.

UserPostedImage

Here is the English description of the bridge.

UserPostedImage

Thanks for the link Ak - Darmstadt is a busy station.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Ranjit  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2021 07:11:10(UTC)
Ranjit

Thank you, Kimball and Ak, for the railway line link and the photograph of the enormous and impressive 'Himbächel Viaduct' structure. I would certainly like to find a place for this single track railway bridge on my layout ! The bridge is such an outstanding civil engineering achievement in its time and it is today a historical landmark.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline HO Collector  
#7 Posted : 23 October 2021 14:38:57(UTC)
HO Collector

United Kingdom   
Ranjit

Youtube is your friend. I have just searched for Reichelsheim and there were few clips that might be of interest to you.